Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
The most important of the six meetings, and actual hearing where all comments will be entered into the record. Make SURE you take a written letter with your concerns in case you don't make it to the podium. All written pieces WILL be entered into the record. Lets show these bueaurcrats that we will not lie down. Time to step up, speculation that the green lobby will be there in force.

The Service will hold a public hearing on the proposed rules and draft economic analysis on Thursday, January 30, 2014 at the Sacramento Horsemen’s Association; 3200 Longview Drive; Sacramento, CA 95821. The first hearing session will start at 1:00 p.m. with doors opening at 12:30. A second hearing session will start at 6:00 p.m. with doors opening at 5:30. Written and verbal testimony will be accepted at the public hearing.

Thank you for your ongoing engagement with the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.

Upvote 0

cazisme

Aug 6, 2012
Motherload
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Naaah it couldn't have anything to do with the Florida strain bass in all the lakes. Or the Striped Bass in the river. I believe those are non native species.

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From what I hear, its going to be "quite the civics lesson", bring your vid cameras people. I nominate fowledup to be our reporter-at-large, lol.

Last edited:

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
reminder there are more of us then them8-)

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'll give it a try, not sure how good of a reporter this opinionated backwoods hillbilly will be tho. As far as "Polite but firm" goes, I guess that means bring me Welsh and English manners, but leave the Scotch, Irish, and German "tendencies" at home- got it.

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The Fresno County Frogs & Toads Hearing Is Over
The Focus Is Now On Fresno County's Supervisors

UPCOMING EVENTS

January 30: There will be two frogs & toads hearings in Sacramento, the first at 1:00P and again at 6:00P. The location is the same for both: Sacramento Horsemen's Association, 3200 Longview Drive, Sacramento, CA 95821. link

January 28 or February 4? (date uncertain): The Fresno County Supervisors will vote on the DRA-proposed resolutions. This vote was to have taken place last December, but was put off one month due to the vacillations of Supervisor Debbie Poochigian. PACK THE HOUSE website

BACKGROUND

For the past 2-1/2 years, DRA has systematically documented and exposed the attack on Rural America through hundreds of interviews, radio shows, presentations across dozens of counties and multiple states, and produced videos, white papers, and a website to document it all, with a strategy for fighting back. All of this helped launch a movement, based on the voluntary support of individuals, organizations, and representatives.

We are seeing the fruits of all this effort. At this time, the People of 14 counties are working cooperatively together on the same issues, the same solutions, and at the same time. They are joined by the support of People from other counties, and even other states including Oregon, Montana, Idaho, Colorado, Utah, Arizona, and others who are following and submitting commentary on the proposed FNT listing. Communication, coordination, cooperation, and unification is the path to success.

FROGS & TOADS

WAKE-UP CALL The proposed frogs & toads listing has been a real wake-up call, and brought home what DRA has been saying all along: There is an agenda, the threat is real, and the continued failure to respond will result in the destruction of all that we cherish. The threat and the past failure of local government to represent our interests have been laid out for all to see and feel. For once, recreational and commercial, urban and rural, Americans have united against this proposed actions.

EYE OPENER This proposed listing has been an eye-opener. For example, we learned:

o ESA is not about species. It is about "distinct population segments." Translation: mutations of species specific to a certain location. These mutations can be so insignificant as to invisible to the naked eye, or as one person accurately observed: The mutations are no more significant than the difference between blondes and brunettes.

o ESA in not about extinction. The DPS approach creates listings, even multiple listings, for species that are abundant, much less going extinct.

o ESA is about "habitat restoration", not "species restoration". The only outcome of a listing is habitat restoration, which turns out to be a euphemism for the closure of public lands to both recreational and commercial uses.

o ESA is not even about "restoration". Lands can be designated even where the species does not exist, nor ever has existed.

o Designated areas can include lands that are not suitable habitat. For example, more than 95% of the land designated for frogs & toads, which require water, is dry land by the government's own wetland designations.

o Private property can be designated.

o Existing populations are habitat are often not counted. For example, existing habitat in national parks, monuments, and other designated areas is not considered. Likewise, fish raised in fish hatcheries are not included in the count.

o There is no science. The "best available science" is all smoke and mirrors.

o There are no quantitative goals to define how many are too few, how many are enough.

o ESA is a total failure. Only about 1.5% of listings have been terminated. To put that another way, 98.5% fail to restore the species.

o And on, and on, and on ... it goes.

OBJECTIVES

DRA laid out the following as immediate goals to be achieved.

I. DEFEND AGAINST THE FNT LISTING All 14 county boards of supervisors have been asked to fulfill their obligations to defend the interests of their constituents by enjoining the FNT fight, by submitting substantive commentary written by experienced professionals trained to do this. DRA wants all 14 counties to be saved, not just 1 or 2. The new deadline is March 11, 2014.

II. PASS TWO RESOLUTIONS Two resolutions were submitted to all 14 county boards of supervisors for vote. To its credit, the Fresno County Board of Supervisors has given these resolutions serious consideration. There are three essential elements to these resolutions. All of these elements must be present.

1) Declare a state of emergency. Rural counties are imploding, and will continue to implode unless something is done. This needs to be loudly and publicly proclaimed.

2) Explain why this is happening and the consequences, and be honest about it. Rural America's problems are largely caused by detrimental federal management of the Peoples' lands. This is not a secret. Even the Democratic governor of Montana has said this publicly. Write the explanation so that is resonates with Urban America as well as Rural America. Issues that concern Urban America include the environment, recreational access, food quality, animal treatment, and water. The fact is, all of these are being destroyed by the blowtorching of our forests, the destruction of our dams, and the attack on water.

3) Take Responsibility. The county governments must commit themselves to solve these problems. Passing the buck to the feds is like pleading with wolves to stop eating chickens. Passing the buck to the State of California will only result in Governor Brown's continued promotion of high speed rail as the solution to all of Rural California's problems, the same response he had to the State of Jefferson movement. If the county governments don't take responsibility, the People truly are unrepresented, and must focus their full efforts on restoring Constitutional Counties and representation.

III. BUILD A PERMANENT ESA DEFENSE The number one cause of Rural America's implosion is neo-environmentalism, withe the Endangered Species Act being at the forefront. All rural counties are requested to build a permanent, ongoing defense against the hundreds of listings yet to come, by retaining professional consultants trained to do this: daily monitor the Federal Register, immediately flag new threats, and timely respond with effective and substantive strategies and commentary. The counties are encouraged to work together and share the costs, which would be a small fraction of county budget's--cheap insurance against large losses.

JAN 13 FRESNO COUNTY FNT HEARING

The highly successful June 19, 2013 DRA event held in Prather, CA was one of several events that set the stage for the recent January 13, 2014 frogs & toads (FNT) hearing in Fresno, which was also standing-room-only as an estimated 150 to 200 people filled the council room and overflowed into the lobby.

The Fish and Wildlife Service got an ear full.

The audience roared with approval as one presenter after another spoke out against the listing. ALL were against the proposal. NO ONE was in favor. Sheriff Margaret Mims and a rep from Jim Patterson's office were among the speakers. At least one attendee, an attorney, "was enormously impressed by the legal of understanding and knowledge on the part of the citizens in attendance." More than one speaker challenged federal jurisdiction over California's public and private lands. Another challenged the action as a violation of California's State Constitution, which reads in part "The people shall have the right to fish upon and from the public lands of the State and in the waters thereof ... and no land owned by the State shall ever be sold or transferred without reserving in the people the absolute right to fish thereupon." Another spoke simply and from the heart when he said we used to respect the Forest Service, but can trust it no longer.

By agency dictate, the meeting was not recorded into the record and videotaping was not allowed. I believe that is a violation of open meeting laws.

ALL EYES ON FRESNO COUNTY's SUPERVISORS

All of the above has led us to the events shown at the top. Of particular interest is the upcoming vote of the Fresno County supervisors. Sometime the end of this month, or the first half of February, the Fresno County supervisors will once again consider a vote on the DRA resolutions. We will learn whether Rural Americans have any representation at all.

OP
OP
Oakview2

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
I still can't find a date, it is not on the 28th

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hang in there guys - remember your opposition consists of highly trained professional manipulators.

OP
OP
Oakview2

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Next meeting is on 2/4/14, I will check on Friday to see if they post it on the docket.

Bnugget

Oct 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll be there at the 6:00 hearing, have to work till 3:30.

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have the posters ready to go and will be at the first meeting. I will not be able to stay for the second but would like to make sure the posters are there. Brandon are you in 340? If you willing to take them I could meet you there. Let me know and we can pm details

Bnugget

Oct 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the posters ready to go and will be at the first meeting. I will not be able to stay for the second but would like to make sure the posters are there. Brandon are you in 340? If you willing to take them I could meet you there. Let me know and we can pm details
if your referring to LU340 then no I'm not, I am a LU302 member I live in the Bay Area but am currently working out of 340 on the Sutter General Hospital renovation in Sacramento. I may try to leave early and make the 1:30 meeting if possible but we'll see. Maybe we could connect at sitters fort or something?

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
if your referring to LU340 then no I'm not, I am a LU302 member I live in the Bay Area but am currently working out of 340 on the Sutter General Hospital renovation in Sacramento. I may try to leave early and make the 1:30 meeting if possible but we'll see. Maybe we could connect at sitters fort or something?

Pm sent

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread