mecury?

panningjack

Apr 16, 2013
Nampa, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 3
Only to an educated miner. I wouldn't suggest trying to sell a neurotoxin on eBay or Craigslist. Talk to some miners, I'm sure someone would want to buy it

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You could sell it to the government. They need it to fill those "green" new fangled light bulbs they are forcing everyone to use.

cazisme

Aug 6, 2012
Motherload
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My brothers a dentist and when my father passed away he found a flask of mercury my fathers house and decided it was a good idea to turn it in becouse it was a hazaradous waste. Unfortunatley my granfather used to work on the big floating dredges in the Yuba city area and I believe it was his flask. Never ever get rid of mercury unless you strain it through chaimy clothe to see if it has any gold in it first . this is the part my brother didnt get around to doing. I wonder if their was any gold in it we will never know. If your on here and the EPA or other concerned groups see that you have a flask of hazardoud waste dont be suprised if they show up at your door looking for it. I know in other forums regarding deer hunting they have vigourously researched and raided houses her in California becouse of things posted on forums. Whatch out big brother is watching.

rocme44

Sep 4, 2013
AZ, N.CA
Detector(s) used
AT, Goldbug2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Back in earlier times I used it to recover fine gold. Now I know how poison it is. We still find gold covered in Mercury lost by the
49ers. As A kid in school the teacher poured a small amount in our hand so that we could experience it. BAD STUFF!

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Check your teeth, so dangerous with every bite you take, oh my!

cazisme

Aug 6, 2012
Motherload
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
in grade school one fellow student would swallow it it would go right through him to the floor very funny

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Mercury costs about $200 a pound & is only as dangerous as the person using it. It can be & is used safely. I use it regularly.

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dang that's expensive and love the photo of the dense pool ball floating!

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Just be able to safely package and I am sure you will have to pay extra to ship

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you mail ,go to jail as hazardous materials permits,triple containers and such required. X rayed and you do NOT obtain proper shipping requirements and your butt a going to the slammer no questions asked as listed at every post office in the nation AND every time you send a pakage you are asked about its contents in relation to haz.mat. Hand to hand or bubba will vist ya soon and Leroy will visit ya in your cell at midnight daily. AMOUNT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE.I've used for over 55 years and no problems but will kill ya deader than a doornail right quick like when vaporized as in Butler labs Costa Mesa(40+ years lab experience) or my neighbors on the NF Yuba who killed all 3 kids/wife/himself-John

OP
OP
A

Action

Oct 6, 2011
Valley Springs, Ca.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone for the replies. I think I will just keep it for decoration.
Jack

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone for the replies. I think I will just keep it for decoration.
Jack

First, find a creek in the motherlode and dump it. Then go to the Sierra Fund and say "I know where 5 lbs of mercury is". They will pay you a 1,000 dollars
for location information, then they will get a 200,000 grant for a pilot project to remediate it. Its A WIN-WIN,(sarcasm fully intended)

coinsareawesome

Bronze Member
Apr 6, 2013
Mid-Atlantic Region
Detector(s) used
Ace-250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it is the coin, it is worth its weight in silver, or each Mercury dime is worth at least $2 a piece to collectors like me.

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Don't put those mercury dimes in your mouth! Lol. One day when I was working at an auto parts store and some guy paid with 30 Mercury dimes. He said this is real money, I said " I know" and I sucked them up and threw three one dollar bills into the till from my wallet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread