Lookin4goaled

Jan 5, 2014
Sacramento, Ca
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250 w/ DD Coil, 30" BGT Prospector, Blue bowl
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey everyone...

Looking for someone in the Norcal area to go prospecting with... I'm really new to it, but have a sluice/pans, and a homemade highbanker (don't ask). Looking for someone with experience to show me the ropes/have fun... Hard work isn't a problem, but the experience to know what to look for where is invaluable...

Upvote 0

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check out the East Bay Prospectors club - they have claims and go to the Bear river and Auburn area often. I think they meet once a month in Concord.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Welcome Shineynoob to TNet. We are planning a day out on the river for Jan 25, we being ALewis, Norcalsteve and myself. You are welcome to join and we will be picking the location very soon. You are welcome to PM if you want to discuss it offline.

Goldenmojo

Nameless

Greenie
Jan 6, 2014
R. C.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Which way do you guys usualy go?, up hwy50 or I80?
I'd like to get out to some day with a company too., when wife let's me ofcourse. Lol!

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nameless Welcome to the forum. We had our first one last Saturday at Mineral Bar and it was great. We can go ? We are looking at a day in Feb when can get together. Probably a Saturday or Sunday near the end of the month. No specific date picked yet but I am open to any suggestions as to date and area......

Goldenmojo

Nameless

Greenie
Jan 6, 2014
R. C.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds good, let me know the date.
Is mineral bar in auburn? Is it pretty crowded and accessible ?
I usualy go up hwy 50,i even have my own claim there( dont ask lol), i just dont get out that often.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's interesting... I think I gotta ask why you don't work your claim?

Nameless

Greenie
Jan 6, 2014
R. C.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do, but not very often, cant really carry much stuff on me as there a few handred feet hike. Only had the claim for about a year and half took about 10 trips there and 4 out of those spent making/clearing out the road and marking the claim. Also found a creek not too far from my my claim, have gone there 5 times, very easy access drive right to it, use my trommel there.
I 've learned everything on my own or by googling, dont know anyone likeminded, so i thought it be cool to meet some guys to go prospecting with and maybe learn thing or too. Just need to find time lol.

Last edited:

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nameless Any weekend near the end of month. We can pick a place and see if others will want to go. I have no trouble hiking a few hundred feet to work on a claim especially after last weeks climbing house sized boulders and multiple river crossings. I'd hike 300 feet vertical for that......

Goldenmojo

Nameless

Greenie
Jan 6, 2014
R. C.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok cool. It looks like it starting to rain finaly, so lets see what the weather going to be like.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Google Auburn Goldhounds-non profit-huge club-claims-outings-lectures-demos and more fantastic retired folks with lifetimes of experience,equipment and claims for your labors trade also-John

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't forget about the Mining Summit weekend. The Goldhounds will have a booth. The name of the club is Motherlode Goldhounds.Goldhound Home You can also ask Albert at the Placerville hardware booth he is a member. He has good gear at the shop too. If your a member he will give you a discount....or like me show your face often buy your gear from him and swap good mining stories and finds. SHOP LOCAL!!!!!!!!! A few of us are gonna dig together that weekend. I will be at the summit for part of both days and the hands on offsite in Foresthill Monday. Hope to see a few others there as well.

Geochemdog

Greenie
Mar 22, 2014
Norcal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey what's up guys/gals, Thomas here, I am new to the forum but not to the gold scene, been at for a few years now. Currently in the Sacramento area to finish my Bachelors in Geology and Chemistry at Sac State. Whenever the lady and I have free time on the weekends we're often doing some sort of geological activity. We would love to meet up with like minded individuals to do a little sluicing up at Shirt Tail creek/Yankee Jims, Mineral bar, Yuba bridge, etc. If anyone knows of any closer spots that would be great too! Maybe we can plan something out for the near future, let me know.

OP
OP
Lookin4goaled

Lookin4goaled

Jan 5, 2014
Sacramento, Ca
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250 w/ DD Coil, 30" BGT Prospector, Blue bowl
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey geo and munchy!

Welcome to the forum. I have met a lot of great people on here that are a blast to go out prospecting with. If you guys want any company, I would just post it in the prospecting forum, chances are someone else is looking for people to go mining with also.... Much gold to the both of ya!!!!!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread