Gold Bug Pro
& Lobo
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Seeing that no one is jumping in on this subject. I tell you the facts as
I see them. YOU CAN ASK A DOZEN PERSONS THE SAME QUESTION, AND
GET A DOZEN DIFFERENT ANSWERS.!!!!!!!!!
As I understand it, if you are recirclating your water, & none of if is flowing
into a near by stream/creek/river; you are ok.
BUT, if you are pumping water directly from a stream/creek/river & your
run off is running back in the creek, you are considered in violation. ( of whatever
rule they choose.) Sometimes a fine is issued, & its up to you to defend your
rights in court. ( they assume you'll just pay the fine)

OP
OP
H

Huelten

Nov 22, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Your dead on about the dozen different answers, cant get the same one anywhere. So safe to assume if i just pump from and into a settling pond ill be allright, if not i suppose ill find out. Its not like the damn F&G department is very clear on their required permits. Thanks for responding @goldenray, just needed to hear a strait forward answer from ANYONE

Rdg Sluicer

Dec 11, 2012
Redding, Ca
Detector(s) used
BGT Prospector

BGT Super Mini

Angus MacKirk Explorer

South Yuba Mining Highbanker
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am sure someone will bring up a water board permit. Personally I have never seen anyone from the water board out where I prefer to work...... Then again I usually don't see anyone. Stay discreet an hidden use some common sense and you should be fine. The nail that sticks out is the first to get hammered

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As of right now I think you can still apply for a 600PM permit from the DEQ for free, this covers highbankers, off river dredging and trommel's. If you are pumping water from a holding pond you can use up to 5000 gal of ground water per day without a permit. Make sure your waste water is not entering the river and you should be ok.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Waterboard is related to Ca. And you are not allowed to pump " Waste" into a stream. The material coming out of a power-sluice is not defined as "waste" per the EPA. If you can find someone who got a waterboard fine please post the info here.......your more likely to find a 1/4 ounce nugget on your first time out than you are to find a person who has been cited by the waterboard for "HIBANKING". Do not dump right into the water. If you don't want to make a settling pond run your sluice into a tub to let the water clear up and dump onto a gravel bar or away from the side of the creek. A fun challenge if your bored enough is to call the waterboard directly and see if you can find some one to get you an application for this permit....get back to us if you can actually get an answer.....I stopped trying their hold music sucks.

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am sure someone will bring up a water board permit. Personally I have never seen anyone from the water board out where I prefer to work...... Then again I usually don't see anyone. Stay discreet an hidden use some common sense and you should be fine. The nail that sticks out is the first to get hammered

"stay discreet and hidden and use some common sense"... A BIG part of that common sense is to buy a super-quiet muffler - with it, and a simple DIY sound
dampening cage, can make all the difference.

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"stay discreet and hidden and use some common sense"... A BIG part of that common sense is to buy a super-quiet muffler - with it, and a simple DIY sound
dampening cage, can make all the difference.

Stand out in the open and run it as fricken loud as you can, make sure they can see the muzzle from a long ways off and carry plenty of ammo.
:censored:

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
High bankers; you’re supposed to get the individual NPDES permit $300.00 one time application fee, $25.00 renewal. The reasoning is you may be adding material into the stream. Some just use the 700pm and call it a dredge, allowed up to 10 feet outside the wetted perimeter in non-ESH or within the wetted perimeter in ESH.
Best option is the WPCF 600 permit (free) and use a holding pond or contours of the land.
Oregon DEQ: Water Quality Permit Program - Mining
After reading all of this crap...have a drink or a few Tylenol :laughing7:

Last edited:

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I honestly would have to say, "DON'T GET A PERMIT FOR ANYTHING" once you buy into there permit crap then they will be able to regulate you and say you should have read the fine print and you should know better. If you don't have a permit then they can't say you should have known, Just my two cents worth.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread