Gold Hog conversion on Jobe 45 Yellow Jacket.

fausel71

May 29, 2013
Rockingham NC
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So I am going through the process of converting my Jobe 45 Yellow Jacket to all Gold Hog matting and adding a 2" Jobe Crash Box header for dredging. I have previously used UR mat under the existing expanded metal and riffles, but was never quite satisfied with all the extra components/parts cleaning during clean up. (As a sluice box only.) Keep in mind that when I lose the flare my box will be 36" long. (10" wide) I'm looking to make a light/portable dredge for playing in the creek prior to coming to work. (I work 2nd shift) The pump is the same on Doc recommends for the Mini. (52 Gpm/3000 Gph)

So the question is I know I'm going to use a piece of UR under the crash box, but was considering one of 3 options.

1. UR, SC, RB, SC, RB, RB. (Most likely setup.)
2. UR, RB, RB, RH, RH, RH.
3. UR, SC, RB, SC, RB, SC.

Looking for input? Suggetions, complaints, etc... Keep in mind I am limited by size. (length here/ 36" = 6 pieces)
This could be helpful to others considering the same conversion.

Upvote 0

Huelten

Nov 22, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good timing, i essentially asked the same question regarding the matting in my highbanker no more than 5 minutes ago. Hope you get the response your looking for!

OP
OP
F

fausel71

May 29, 2013
Rockingham NC
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Cool, then we are on a roll. Lets see what everyone has to say, when they get up in the morning. :icon_thumleft:

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just remember the GH mats needs lots of water flow and run the sluice from 8 to 10 degrees. You should have about 1" deep of water running over the mats.

T173.jpg T187.jpg T168.jpg T189.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions