Trinity vs American River

socalocmatt

Mar 19, 2013
Corona CA
I have a friend driving down from WA in Sep. and I will be driving up. We figure that either the Trinity or American is about halfwayish. For those of you who have been to both. Which one would you recommend for a 4 to 5 days prospecting trip. We'll be using pans and sluices. Just looking for some places that we can camp at and have a good time and of course find a bit of the AU.

So, Trinity or American River?

Upvote 0

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Found my first gold on the Yuba, found most of my gold on the American.... IMAG1137-1.jpg

Last edited:

golden sluice

Dec 16, 2013
next to disneyland
Detector(s) used
Thanks Kellyco, and Garrett:smile:... I love my AT gold metal detector!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi, hike the trail till you get to to the BLM posted sign, which also starts the nude beach, that's Correct nude beach. That is the safe area to pan. Not sluice, and it's not a place to bring a hammer, however bring a turkey baster a small hand broom and dust pan and gold pan and suck out the granite weather bowls in the bedrock. Happy hunting.:treasurechest:

golden sluice

Dec 16, 2013
next to disneyland
Detector(s) used
Thanks Kellyco, and Garrett:smile:... I love my AT gold metal detector!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Right, your friend was not at the BLM site, he was trying to nugget snipe next to the bridge... and thats not good. Know the area and check the BLM first before gold hunting anywhere you go.:find:

Bnugget

Oct 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the tips, just looking to venture out a bit to new locations but definitely don't need to get into more trouble at this time,lol. I'm really interested in some of the history in those areas and am going to look into it further.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread