Upvote 0

Lookin4goaled

Jan 5, 2014
Sacramento, Ca
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250 w/ DD Coil, 30" BGT Prospector, Blue bowl
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm not sure if there is one specifically there... but there are quite a bit in Siskiyou county... point is, you wont have very far of a drive to find multiple claims in that area.

stanjtown

Nov 9, 2012
Lebanon County
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GPAA does not have any claims in Del Norte County according to my GPAA guide. the next county that does is Siskiyou County and it looks like they have
5 but best to call them and find out to make sure.

Lookin4goaled

Jan 5, 2014
Sacramento, Ca
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250 w/ DD Coil, 30" BGT Prospector, Blue bowl
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Is there any on the east coast. And in which states ?

I you go onto the GPAA site, there will be a place you can click for the mining guide and will show what states/counties they hold mining claims in... hope that helps

loco oro

Aug 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no claims on east coast, they have a deal with private owners for a discount on the pay to play places, ldma has some leases on the east ,nc, ga,al. the discounts are 10% .

delnorter

Oct 28, 2008
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, there aren't any GPAA claims on the Smith River. As a matter of fact, since becoming a Wild and Scenic River and a National Recreation Area, there are only a few placer claims left in the entire watershed, including all 3 forks. The whole system was withdrawn from mineral entry.

There is some pretty nice gold in the Smith.

Mike

OP
OP
USTiger

USTiger

Apr 30, 2006
Vancouver - WA
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all your input guys. Now my second question. Is it illegal to go in the smith river with a snipe scope and look for nuggets?

mace420

Jan 14, 2013
I'm a new member of the GPAA. Has anyone been to a GPAA claim in VT or NH recently, if so where? I'm looking to head up this spring.

GrizzlyGremlin

Nov 17, 2012
mace420 said:
I'm a new member of the GPAA. Has anyone been to a GPAA claim in VT or NH recently, if so where? I'm looking to head up this spring.

None around... Im from NH. The gpaa goes to pubic areas up here. Vt is the best north east state for god but its following caifornia. No dredging. No shovels. Permit for a sluice. Ill stay a flatlander they can have the stupid state. Chrunch crunch crunch... Sorry i spilt my granola.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread