Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Parker might be immature be rember he's still just a punk kid what 19 years old! Come one he's kicking the crap out of what tod did last year with twice the people and equipment .. I'm sure he's gona make a lot of stupid mistakes along the way hell most of us do.. Well maybe he's not a punk just a kid ! Wish I saw some of the kids aloud my town trying that hard to do anything ...

Yeah he is just a kid. Thats my point. If he thinks of asking for advice he will take it and use it. However if it is offered by someone other than grandpa (ie: the begining of the season Tony Beets told him where he should start stripping material and he ignored him and then gets chewed out by Beets and wonders why.) I agree he is doing more than hoffman with less man power and equipment but there he was forced to by dad because dad said no you can't have all of this equipment from our mine. He has done well with what he has and started with but think of the time and money wasted because of the advice he didn't take right away. I do think his crew is wrong in not wanting to go across the river though. They whine about not making their goal the way the dirt is going but don't want to leave the bad ground to look for better. Stop complaining then. I too wish more kids were go getters like parker but I still tire of his tantrums when when things go bad after being advised not to do something.

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The extreme mood swings would have me having a talk with him if I was on his crew. One minute he is throwing things, the next he is joking with the guys. I have had to have a few talks with my supervisors over the years, and honest private talks usually go a long ways. Taking it to them in front of everyone usually ends bad. Undermines their authority.

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'd be very interested to see Freddie Dodge's mining action. And Tony Beets too for that matter. Tony is obviously the best out there, but I suspect Freddie runs a close second.

Out of the cast of characters I like and think these two are probably the most legit. I do however think that they are either being compensated rather well or have huge egos and personalities. I know the couple of bigger more successful equipment and gravel outfits I do work for- A. Simply can't afford the time the show would require. And B. Wouldn't care to have camera crews crawling all over the property and equipment. There big enough MSHA targets as it is. Maybe they have a clause in the contract, that should they be cited as a result of the tv show the show pays for it.

OP
OP
G1sammons

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah he is just a kid. Thats my point. If he thinks of asking for advice he will take it and use it. However if it is offered by someone other than grandpa (ie: the begining of the season Tony Beets told him where he should start stripping material and he ignored him and then gets chewed out by Beets and wonders why.) I agree he is doing more than hoffman with less man power and equipment but there he was forced to by dad because dad said no you can't have all of this equipment from our mine. He has done well with what he has and started with but think of the time and money wasted because of the advice he didn't take right away. I do think his crew is wrong in not wanting to go across the river though. They whine about not making their goal the way the dirt is going but don't want to leave the bad ground to look for better. Stop complaining then. I too wish more kids were go getters like parker but I still tire of his tantrums when when things go bad after being advised not to do something.
oh I agree and some day hell buck up to the wrong man on his crew and take a a$$ who pin for it .. Iv worked crews of guys for many years and if I have a crew guy that I have talk down too or be rude with to get them to do there job then I just let them go .. There's just no since in haveing folks around you don't have trust in ! But I think this is something he's just not experienced in ... But trust me he will learn . Just takes time ... Usally takes a few years of leading to figure out what kind of folks you want around ya and what ya don't ... Takes a few more to have trust in people and realize peoples strong and weak points ..
Some folks will. Complain about everything .... Some folks will always do the right thing and go the extra mile .. Bad thing is there a lot of folks who will work harder at getting out of work than if they would just do there jobs .. It seems ya have too work thru the trash to find the good folks out there ,... But it's difficult to read folks ..
It's frustrating at times for sure .. Can only imagine it's even more difficult when your 19 and working guys twice your age plus.. ..
But hay none of us a perfect .. That includes Parker .. Wisdom will come with age .. But over all he's a good kid ! Yea the throwing stuff is stupid but carrying the weight he under for the first year is stressful and sometimes we all do stupid things ! There's been time where iv hauled off and therw tools and parts because of frustrating circumstances ... Some times it seem like the equipment your working on is messing with ya ...

loco oro

Aug 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i agree, common sense will come with age. learning how to deal with people, well some never learn that,he needs to learn a lil about being humble,yes hes doing great this year, but he also was HANDED a jar full of gold,loaned equipment, and given land that was already prospected, if he had to start from scratch like most, i do believe that the story would be a lot different. the deck was stacked in his favor right from the gate, kinda hard to screw that up, hears your equipment, hers some gold to get going,and dig here. what really did he have to do other than show up. granted hes doing way more than most his age, but most his age didnt have the opertunitys that was given him either. todd never was a miner and never will be,dakota boys ,well i diddnt like the way they got their claim, but looking back i think he saw that todd was ajoke, and fred really did want to mine,and todd diddnt pay to keep his claim,he droped the ball and fred picked it up. i've gained much more respect for him than i had at first. of all on the show, i am rooting for the dakota boys.

OP
OP
G1sammons

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i agree, common sense will come with age. learning how to deal with people, well some never learn that,he needs to learn a lil about being humble,yes hes doing great this year, but he also was HANDED a jar full of gold,loaned equipment, and given land that was already prospected, if he had to start from scratch like most, i do believe that the story would be a lot different. the deck was stacked in his favor right from the gate, kinda hard to screw that up, hears your equipment, hers some gold to get going,and dig here. what really did he have to do other than show up. granted hes doing way more than most his age, but most his age didnt have the opertunitys that was given him either. todd never was a miner and never will be,dakota boys ,well i diddnt like the way they got their claim, but looking back i think he saw that todd was ajoke, and fred really did want to mine,and todd diddnt pay to keep his claim,he droped the ball and fred picked it up. i've gained much more respect for him than i had at first. of all on the show, i am rooting for the dakota boys.
I agree to,some pointe about getting everything handed to him .. Let rember he took a wash plant that Todd couldn't get anything with and paid for his dozer plus a chunk and ... Guess when I look at all these folks Todd seems like the kid who was handed everything and has never done anything with any of it except starting the show ... I'd give him that much ... I don't think Fred took that out from under Todd .. It was just portrayed that way in the show .. These r the drama thing I think the show adds to it ,!!! Sure made it a lot more interesting than if Todd just walked because he thought the claim sucked ...

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think it is pretty ironic about the Tony's. In the Yukon, Todd found Tony Beets. Tony showed him how to get gold. Who did Todd call when he was lost? Now. Todd has found a Tony in the jungle. Who does Todd lean on? Tony. I say give the whole show to Tony and his son down there. They would get it done.

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I don't believe the story. What I figure is discovery lined up a miner down there (and most likely everything after season 1) and said "hey, we're looking to make a gold show and will pay you to lease the claim, use the equipment, and make appearance. There's no chance they went down there, or the the yukon without a guarantee of a season's shooting.

Anyone remember season one and everyone mortgaging their houses to try and make it a go? :rolleyes:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone remember season one and everyone mortgaging their houses to try and make it a go? :rolleyes:

Yeah, they also claimed the hoffmans sold their airport to fund the dig, but then you see them at the airport in season 2..... after failing in season one. Just more lies in a shows full of them. If they were willing to lie about the premise of the show, why wouldn't they lie about everything else in it?

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've stopped even watching the show. Just more and more of the same every season. It got to the point where I was fast forwarding through 95% of the show and only watching the 5% that seemed important enough to let me just barely keep up with what was going on. When it comes to that you might as well pull the plug and stop watching. Either that or just wait for the season finale to see the results.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions