Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
[h=2]Federal Judge Orders Species Protection in the ANF[/h]This week on June 28, 2011, U.S. District Court judge Marilyn Hall Patel ordered the U.S. National Forest Service, U.S. Fish and Wildlife, and the National Marine Fisheries Service to take “all necessary measures” to better protect 40 endangered species. The order specifically covers the Angeles, Cleveland, Los Padres and San Bernadino National Forests in Southern California.
The agencies have been given six months to develop a long-term strategy to protect 40 endangered species. The order came as a result of a lawsuit by the Center for Biological Diversity, who claimed the Forest Management Plans for the respective forests failed to provide adequate protection for these endangered species. The species include the Santa Ana Sucker, the Arroyo toad, the California Gnatcatcher and the California Condor, among others.
Recently hopes had been raised for the opening of the Williamson Rock closure which has been in effect since 2005 to protect the Mountain Yellow-Legged Frog. That is now highly unlikely and construction that was taking place in the area has been halted. There are less than 200 known individuals of this species left in a few select pockets in the San Gabriel mountains. The Williamson Rock closure affects Hikers, and has shut off access to climbers who regard the rock as one of the premier sport climbing destinations in Southern California.

Upvote 0

dredgeman

Feb 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[h=2]Federal Judge Orders Species Protection in the ANF[/h]This week on June 28, 2011, U.S. District Court judge Marilyn Hall Patel ordered the U.S. National Forest Service, U.S. Fish and Wildlife, and the National Marine Fisheries Service to take “all necessary measures” to better protect 40 endangered species. The order specifically covers the Angeles, Cleveland, Los Padres and San Bernadino National Forests in Southern California.
The agencies have been given six months to develop a long-term strategy to protect 40 endangered species. The order came as a result of a lawsuit by the Center for Biological Diversity, who claimed the Forest Management Plans for the respective forests failed to provide adequate protection for these endangered species. The species include the Santa Ana Sucker, the Arroyo toad, the California Gnatcatcher and the California Condor, among others.
Recently hopes had been raised for the opening of the Williamson Rock closure which has been in effect since 2005 to protect the Mountain Yellow-Legged Frog. That is now highly unlikely and construction that was taking place in the area has been halted. There are less than 200 known individuals of this species left in a few select pockets in the San Gabriel mountains. The Williamson Rock closure affects Hikers, and has shut off access to climbers who regard the rock as one of the premier sport climbing destinations in Southern California.

Great info Oak
That's about 5-10 down and only 700 more listings ready to go. This is the beginning push of closing the Sierra Nevada to everyone but a select group.

I expect them to release a flood of listings all at once to overwhelm those of us that are trying to oppose the loss of rights for everyone.
:BangHead:

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think the real endangered species in all of this is the human being that wants to enjoy the outdoors. If things keep going the way they are, pretty soon the only outdoor area you'll be able to enjoy is your lawn, and that might even be too much to expect.

All the best,

Lanny

dredgeman

Feb 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the real endangered species in all of this is the human being that wants to enjoy the outdoors. If things keep going the way they are, pretty soon the only outdoor area you'll be able to enjoy is your lawn, and that might even be too much to expect.

All the best,

Lanny

What lawn. In Calif they are now talking about the water police to stop people from watering a lawn.

The only thing we will be allowed is to stay inside play video games. If you can pay for the electricity rates that are about to soar

OP
OP
Oakview2

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
It would be nice if the ballot measure passes to split the state until six states.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GGGGGGGGGGGGGGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTT what da LL next?? OOPS maybe I don't really wanna know that nightmare...sic sic sic -John :BangHead::skullflag:

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear there is a Bill to allow the Gov to Condemn private Prop that they deem is not being used "efficiently"...........well best way I can think to use my land is to mine it...

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear there is a Bill to allow the Gov to Condemn private Prop that they deem is not being used "efficiently"...........well best way I can think to use my land is to mine it...

Not their idea of most efficient use. Theirs is throw you off and let nature have it back or sell it to a big company so they can tax the **** out of them.

rockygulchJoe

Jan 5, 2013
Aaahhh.... it's our friends from Big-Biological again. Thay have been busy as bees latley "endangered bees" no doubt. Its absolutely amazing what one can accomplish, whith a battalion of lawyer's and unlimited tax dollars.

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

All the best,

Lanny

I agree Lanny . The endangered species is free men ..... and freedom in general .
Seems to be spreading like some kind of virus in this country . Damn shame .

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Am I missing something or is this something that went down 2 1/2 years ago?

Yes, it began then, but was recently re-affirmed. The FWS is saying that there's no access restrictions, per se, with critical habitat listings - this calls "BS" on
that lie.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread