Very dry season in shasta county.

JrallXS

Greenie
Sep 19, 2013
Anderson, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I noticed on my trip back home redding that water levels in shasta lake, and the sacramento river are pretty low. literately fisherman waste high levels in the middle of the river. which leads to my question: Is clear creek water levels in redding, ca low?
i really would like to know before heading out there sometime this month.

~JrallXS

Upvote 0

rocme44

Sep 4, 2013
AZ, N.CA
Detector(s) used
AT, Goldbug2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm going to Trinity in June and have been watching the weather lots. It's DRY. Last year was the driest on record and this shaping up to be worse. There is a prospecting shop in Redding, nice guy. can't remember the name of his shop but he would tell you about conditions there. I have a spot where low water is good.
Good luck

NorCalPilot

Jan 31, 2013
Placer County, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You can nearly walk across Lake Folsom near Sacramento! Around 47 days without rain. I'm interested in getting down in the creek/river beds.

Action

Oct 6, 2011
Valley Springs, Ca.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a little south of there but-----Seasonal creeks are dry here. Old dam is way out of the water, Most I have seen in 25 years. Been collecting samples from the dry creeks but haven't run yet. We need rain.
Jack

Rdg Sluicer

Dec 11, 2012
Redding, Ca
Detector(s) used
BGT Prospector

BGT Super Mini

Angus MacKirk Explorer

South Yuba Mining Highbanker
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Clear Creek has been fine. I believe they keep the flows up for the Salmon & Steelhead by drawing Whiskeytown Lake down. I was out there a lot earlier this month and I was surprised how high it was considering we have not had any rain yet. Hoping to be there tomorrow, can't beat the weather right now!

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whiskeytown is drawn from trinity lakes and pumped through the mountains. It is a temperature controlled system that dumps more water into clear creek to assist spawning when the water hits 55 degrees-boom opens FAST and your holding on in fast COLD water from the curtain on the bottom. All enviromental laws just thrown out by the gov Brown(promulgation) and god only knows whats a gonna happen. Fed laws mandate national rec areas and they ALWAYS drain it down horribly BUT this year much different. I'll include a shot of whiskeytown as clear creek above the dam is purt near kaput,as ALL creeks in shasta county. Shasta lake almost at all time low also,ugly year to mine. Go to Redding.com to see 100s a pics of the ungodly mess we're in,as dryer than a popcorn fart.John

Attachments

• DSCN0603.JPG
    DSCN0603.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 153

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions