ARE YOU FRICKEN KIDDING ME

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So I got talked into going drywashering with two other people. I decided we needed to put some distance between us and everyone else. Looking over Google Earth and finding an area that had no access other than walking we set out with drywasher, gas, water, shovels, picks, pans, classifiers, etc. Last week it was the new guy with the new drywasher forgot to fill the gas can with gas/oil for the blower. After arriving to the area per the GPS and beginning to unpack I hear the guy with the new drywasher holler out, "I forgot the stand for the drywasher", looking over at him I said, "then go back to the jeep and get the stand". He then uttered the words again, I forgot the stand but slipped in the words, "AT HOME" My next words were not so nice to say the least after what happen on Monday.

I had been working on a check list during the week so this crap would not happen again but had not finished the check list, its done now. Anyways here how we salvaged the day. Did not work well due to the hopper being on bungee cords and absorbing some of the vibration but its all we had. Forgetful John Doe found a fossilized snail shell.

DW1.jpg DW2.jpg DW3.jpg DW4.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I expected this to be from turd hoffman

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
See? Ya should have come on up and done some detecting on the claim. We brought back 40 gallons of classified materials, 30 from the wash and 10 from an existing cut. I've already got the recirc system cleaned out and ready to run them in the morning. We cleaned out quite a few cracks, found a nice hole in the bedrock and got what we could out of it without a vac. Also built up the first of many gold trapping pools. Building the pools is a great way to get rid of all the rocks. We cleaned out about 10 feet worth of the wash bed, only about 650 feet to go!

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
See? Ya should have come on up and done some detecting on the claim. We brought back 40 gallons of classified materials, 30 from the wash and 10 from an existing cut. I've already got the recirc system cleaned out and ready to run them in the morning. We cleaned out quite a few cracks, found a nice hole in the bedrock and got what we could out of it without a vac. Also built up the first of many gold trapping pools. Building the pools is a great way to get rid of all the rocks. We cleaned out about 10 feet worth of the wash bed, only about 650 feet to go!

What the Frick AZviper....... At least you guys didn't stick the jeep to the hubs in the mud, have a processing equipment breakdown that threatened to end your season and you weren't told you had to come up with 20 fossilized sea shells by the end of the week or leave Arizona. What I am trying to say is you really have no chance at your own prospecting show.....

GM

biggdave92

Dec 31, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like that desert is kicking your azz! Lol

Sent from my Galaxy S4 while driving with my knee...

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
You got a patent on that suspension system yet?

If not, mind if I 'borrow' your idea?

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I know EXACTLY what you mean AZ. It happened to me every fricken time. Where's my hip boots? Why didn't I bring my pans??!! Gawd I wish I had my metal detector!:BangHead::BangHead:

I fixed all that. Kind of. I packed every prospecting tool I own (except for the sluice) in my 97 Ford F150 4x4 super cab with a 8' shell. Problem solved right? My first prospecting trip with it was really...well, nerve racking. Brand new to me steep muddy one lane road, two miles long with one turnout in the middle and a turn around at the end...300 foot drop off the edge out the window. With the truck at 21' feet long...well I sure missed the two door Explorer. :icon_scratch:

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should have buried the jeep in the sand, or something like that, then you could have had your own reality show. Worse thing I ever left behind was earphones in the van and didn't feel like walking only a quarter mile to get them.

Don't do a Hoffman.

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heheh what the Frick! that cracks me up.

Well if we're confessing I pulled a hoffman with one of my pans last weekend. Set it on a rock, turned around for it a few minutes later.... Heyyy.... :)

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Heheh what the Frick! that cracks me up.

Well if we're confessing I pulled a hoffman with one of my pans last weekend. Set it on a rock, turned around for it a few minutes later.... Heyyy.... :)

Pulled A Hoffman....... that could go down as the ultimate in explaining what happened....

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That could have been a game changer......

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I expected this to be from turd hoffman

I think it’s beginning to turn in the Todd and PAPA Hoffman show.

Jeff I am just a ride along. I have already done my time babysitting, sure don’t need to start again with a bunch of 40 year olds.

What the Frick AZviper....... At least you guys didn't stick the jeep to the hubs in the mud, have a processing equipment breakdown that threatened to end your season and you weren't told you had to come up with 20 fossilized sea shells by the end of the week or leave Arizona. What I am trying to say is you really have no chance at your own prospecting show.....
GM

Give me a break or give me a show. Ya got to love the ingenuity of hanging the drywasher in the tree. Maybe Royal will use the photo.
Sounds like that desert is kicking your azz! Lol

Not my Azz

You got a patent on that suspension system yet?
If not, mind if I 'borrow' your idea?

Not yet but it does not work well. Sure

I know EXACTLY what you mean AZ. It happened to me every fricken time. Where's my hip boots? Why didn't I bring my pans??!! Gawd I wish I had my metal detector!:BangHead::BangHead: I fixed all that. Kind of. I packed every prospecting tool I own (except for the sluice) in my 97 Ford F150 4x4 super cab with a 8' shell. Problem solved right? My first prospecting trip with it was really...well, nerve racking. Brand new to me steep muddy one lane road, two miles long with one turnout in the middle and a turn around at the end...300 foot drop off the edge out the window. With the truck at 21' feet long...well I sure missed the two door Explorer. :icon_scratch:

Jeff when it goes sour it goes sour. Last summer I start my truck down south closed the door and the automatic lock locked me out. The Royal pick was used to get in.

You should have buried the jeep in the sand, or something like that, then you could have had your own reality show. Worse thing I ever left behind was earphones in the van and didn't feel like walking only a quarter mile to get them. Don't do a Hoffman.

Toad Hoffman is a joke. I sure hope he and his dad don’t come back. What a waste.

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Necessity and Frank Zappa are both Mothers of Invention

SDGold

Tenderfoot
Jun 4, 2013
San Diego
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My buddy and I went out this past Fri-Sun to the Gold Basin area north of Glamis to run some test holes and we Hoffmaned it bad. 1. After about 15 minutes on the road, my buddy Brandan declares that "I think this is the first trip I didn't forget anything." First off, why the hell would you say such a thing! I thought about it for a minute and said, "Did you remember your chair this time?" "DAAAMMMNNN!" he screams. No problem, quick detour to the Wal-Mart 2. Packed the food, realized around El Centro that I forgot the kielbasa, but remembered the beans and sauerkraut! Not a big deal, stopped at Lucky on 4th St. and picked up another. 3. Stopped at the border checkpoint north of Glamis (which is frickin' 40 miles from the border, but that's a rights violation we can talk about at a different time). Dog alerted on the truck, sent to secondary, truck searched and herbal medicine confiscated (which I have a medical card for). Released after about an hour delay. 4. Get to the campsite and my buddy decides he want to run some dirt in the wash right next to us. We go to unpack his drywasher and lo and behold, no blower! Forgot it in his truck back at my house. Luckily for him, I brought my Keene vac and he was able to rig it up as a blower. 5. Get up Saturday morning and drive up the wash to check a few spots. Promptly sprain my ankle on a rock and I limp the rest of the trip. I've been on crutches since we got back. 6. Lose my Garret super sluice pan out of the back of my truck. Once again got lucky and found it on the side of the road on the way back to camp. 7. Brandan packs my Honda 2000 generator for the trip back, puts it in a bad spot, and adds a 2" long character gash to my brand new genny. 8. Almost run out of gas and coast into Brawley on fumes. 9. Even though we all we got was a few fly poop specks, it was a blast and I'm ready to do it all again this weekend!!

Teenagegoldminer

Jan 28, 2014
georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett gold panning kit
Jobe 36 in drop riffle sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
don't do a Hoffman...

never heard that one before

Jonsered

Oct 12, 2009
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
Toad Hoffman is a joke. I sure hope he and his dad don’t come back. What a waste.

Ya know, in a weird way, they have been the most successful miners of us all. They went looking for gold, and by God they found it. It happened to be in the form of TV money, but he's rich and famous and I'm not. :-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread