Breaking slate

Hangtowndiggins

Oct 1, 2013
placerville ca
Detector(s) used
GBpro. BGT 48" miner, 36" prospector and super mini
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got back out to the creek today with my diggin buddy Aufisher. Both of us were tired and hurting from hiking and digging the day before but that didn't matter as much to us as having a action packed gold gettin weekend did. Hammered a small creek full of exposed jagged slate bedrock. Picked away at the rock for about 5 hours unlocking gold and wet classifying at a half inch. I ended up leaving with about 3/4 of a bucket full of material to pan at home, panned about a quarter of it down before I had to call it quits due to a splitting headache and back was killing me! But so far the color ain't bad, can't wait to see what the rest of the bucket will yield! The pic of the gold is from about four pans full but will update as I go. Thanks again for meeting back up to dig Aufisher, had an awesome day can't wait to hit it again! image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Upvote 0

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
"AU, think I have this spot figured out, let me know when you want to hit it again!"

Uh oh. Oh no. Poor miner...never tell her that! :laughing7:

Nice little vault you opened right at the water line...probably underwater a week ago. I remember a new trick that someone mentioned here for hidden cracks a little higher up (sorry, can't remember who right now). Slam it with a sledge and watch for the smoke (dust).

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hangtowndiggins

Hangtowndiggins

Oct 1, 2013
placerville ca
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol:laughing7:... Thanks Jeff!:thumbsup:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hangtowndiggins

Hangtowndiggins

Oct 1, 2013
placerville ca
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely gotta stay close to the low line as possible to get in those more concentrated cracks:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions