My First Gold Strike

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The addiction all started here. Behind those big rocks IMAG0521.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Aufisher

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Never done well blindly digging in the river since but that day blue clay and gold in every pan! IMAG0561.jpg

OP
OP
Aufisher

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Keep at it folks! It adds up! Here is half of my take in a little over a year. IMAG1137-1.jpg

dashriprock

Jan 18, 2014
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster Vsat
Tesoro Diablo Umaxx
Garrett CXIII
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice! Your right...it is an addiction. Great job!!

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OP
OP
Aufisher

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sweet! Nicely done, and it sure does add up.

I love how that gold shows up against that black background!

All the best,

Lanny

Golden sun + gold on a black pan equals heaven. I have to attribute most of that take due to your advice Lanny

OP
OP
Aufisher

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hope to meet you some GG! You are one cool dude!

Hangtowndiggins

Oct 1, 2013
placerville ca
Detector(s) used
GBpro. BGT 48" miner, 36" prospector and super mini
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dreamy looking stuff AU, looks like the perfect place to catch the bug!

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey! I know that place! I thought Fred said he was going to fill that hole in before he left? His loss, your gain. JK
I was probably as excited as you when I found my first few flakes of gold. It's one thing to research it, whole nother thing seeing it in your pan. Congrats to you and looking forward to meeting you (and many others) in April!
Jeff

OP
OP
Aufisher

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What an awesome gold year. Look forward to meeting you all!

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
What I have told my family ...If the day ever comes that I am not excited at the sight of gold in my pan will probably be when I am put in the ground....Art

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
WOW...Nice pile of the good stuff...CONGRATS!
americanasmiley.gif~original

Desert Hermit

Feb 1, 2014
Randsburg, California
Detector(s) used
MineLab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Aufisher, I just noticed you're in the Motherlode area, back when I was too young to understand, my older brother would take me with him to the Mokelumne River. He'd set up a crazy and noisy contraption right where Panther Creek hits the Mokelumne. At the end of the day when I'd return, usually all cut up from the berry vines, he'd show me several glass tubes filled with nuggets.

You'll get a laugh from this little story:

During one of these outings I had wondered off several miles when I came across an area loaded with berries. When I approached I could hear a stream of water running behind this solid wall of vines. I was ripped up pretty good by the time I made it through to the stream. After walk for quite some time I came to an area where the stream had cut through a huge boulder. Now I was faced with two choices, I could either swim into the hole and dark unknown to get to the other side, or, get all torn up again going through the berry vines around this massive boulder. I chose to swim into the dark unknown. About half-way through I noticed that there was indeed some light in here, cool I thought, and swam up. There was quite a bit of space between the top of the water and the roof of the area, only problem was, as my eyes adjusted to the dim light I could see that I was not alone. There skimming along the top of the water were several snakes! What kind? I couldn't tell you, all I remember is diving and swimming out of that hole as fast as I could. Getting cut up once again exiting through the berry vines was not an issue at that point. :laughing7:

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
UGGGH! Lived in Alabama for a couple years as a kid, developed a healthy respect for swimming snakes- water moccasins! Me nooooooo likey swimmin snakes! UGGGH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread