Found it! Miller table surface

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Easy Liner Ultra Fresh was:Found it! Miller table surface

Walking through home depot on a clearance run I noticed an upside down holiday mat. What caught my eye was the rubber backing was little circle dimples like a gulf ball. I can't find Attila's post offhand, but here's his Utube video

I'll get the numbers off the mat in case anyone else state side is interested. I did try to peel the front off and it seems to come away pretty easily. Course, 5 inches in may be completely different.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
J

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Walking through home depot on a clearance run I noticed an upside down holiday mat. What caught my eye was the rubber backing was little circle dimples like a gulf ball. I can't find Attila's post offhand, but here's his Utube video

I'll get the numbers off the mat in case anyone else state side is interested. I did try to peel the front off and it seems to come away pretty easily. Course, 5 inches in may be completely different.
I had the thought today that Home Depot might have mats like this one again this year and after looking in a few stores, I found one selling them. With their Halloween decorations, they were in one of display boxes like they have the christmas gift tools in. $5 or $6.

I think it might be possible to treat the mat like a fiberglass matting and soak it with epoxy. If that makes it stiff enough, it might not even need a base, and just a couple sticks of aluminum angle for sides.

Pumpkin mat.jpg Pumpkin mat versus Grill.jpg

DukeArdelis

Greenie
Jan 15, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know there haven't been any new post here for a longer time, but think this is the right place to ask.

After a lot of thinking and reading the posts on the forum I decided to use the easy liner for my new miller table.

I found this on amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B010DHSV6O/ref=ox_sc_mini_detail?ie=UTF8&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&th=1

but the codes, and the label are slightly different than the ones I found in the posts, and beside the cost of the mat of approx $9 the cost of shipping to Croatia is around $30, so buying the wrong mat can be expensive.

My first question is, is this the mat AZ used to make his miller table.

Second question,

I have some plexiglass tables, you can see them in the pics below. Both are 1/2 inch thick. I was thinking of cutting both sides on the bigger table at 2" from the sides, and make a table that is 20" wide and 36" long. Will this be O.K. for a miller table?

plexi_01.jpg plexi_02.jpg

Thanks.

Last edited:

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Any dead flat surface will work for a base. Even a shorter and narrower table will work but may require more monitoring to keep gold from flushing out (brush the gold back up towards the top occasionally to keep it from flushing out before the black sands are fully cleared). The overall width just sets limits as to how much material can be processed at the same time.

Good luck.

PS: Don't forget to classify to like mesh sizes and run each one separately. You may have to change water flow and/or angle settings for each mesh size.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread