California...For now!
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Royal Mini High banker,Keene A-52 Sluice, Gold N Sand X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Armchair prospector

Jul 31, 2011
Might be a good time now before it starts to rain this weekend. Many areas may be uncovered due to the low water level for prime pickin, before it gets covered by water.

specksandflecks

Nov 13, 2009
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Must be quite the spectacle. I'm looking at photos of the remains of the town called Mormon island being exposed from the low water at Folsom res. Seems people are piling up all kinds of stuff from that bygone era.

Evidently It's a crime to remove any of this man made debris covering the lake bottom. Seems logical to me, It's not like that reservoir supplies drinking water or anything..

Do they require an NPDES to place an item a few feet from where you find it? Since you can't remove it?

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was last up that way at Briceburg you could walk across without barely getting your feet wet. This drought has uncovered so much it's hard to believe.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go to jail-do not pass go-do not collect $200 as HIGHLY illegal to hit relic towns in the lake-ALL LAKES. Sheriffs using many 100s a volunteers to patrol,get caught and adios your vehicle,huge fines,and jail time if ya have a record,community service AND probation. Just call and to thy own self be true-John

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go to jail-do not pass go-do not collect $200 as HIGHLY illegal to hit relic towns in the lake-ALL LAKES. Sheriffs using many 100s a volunteers to patrol,get caught and adios your vehicle,huge fines,and jail time if ya have a record,community service AND probation. Just call and to thy own self be true-John
Well I am sure glad I was talking about the Merced river and not an old submerged town.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread