Remember The Good Old Days Of Mining?

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hangtown_miners-1849.jpg

Here is a pic of Hangtown ( Placerville CA) California Gold Rush 1849

Upvote 0

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
goldenmojo

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Cool photo! First time I've seen that one.

Here's a few more........
Personal/forums/goodyguy/vintage-prospector-photos.

GG very nice Pics. It must have been very difficult to be a miner back then knowing that you had to produce a good amount every day to survive. One of my favorite sayings while I am hiking out to a gold spot with another prospector is "at least we didn't have to walk 1800 miles to get here". Thanks for posting.

Goldenmojo

Hangtowndiggins

Oct 1, 2013
placerville ca
Detector(s) used
GBpro. BGT 48" miner, 36" prospector and super mini
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pic! thanks Goldenmojo Amazing to learn and think about the day to day they lived.. we sure have it easy lol. They did a good job cleaning up most but didn't get it all. Here's a lil shot of some of that Placerville yeller they left behind image.jpg

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
goldenmojo

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great pic! thanks Goldenmojo Amazing to learn and think about the day to day they lived.. we sure have it easy lol. They did a good job cleaning up most but didn't get it all. Here's a lil shot of some of that Placerville yeller they left behind View attachment 942327

Hangtown looks like your cleaning up.......

OP
OP
goldenmojo

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

tyeechinook

Sep 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pic! thanks Goldenmojo Amazing to learn and think about the day to day they lived.. we sure have it easy lol. They did a good job cleaning up most but didn't get it all. Here's a lil shot of some of that Placerville yeller they left behind View attachment 942327

Wow! I would love to find half that much...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread