goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Here is typical "the sky is falling" propaganda, about to be foisted on the sheeple of Placer county, who will then write letters to their legislators.

Informational Meeting on Legacy Mine Impacts in Placer County

Ahhh Nothing like the smell of scare tactics to get the blood going. The Sierra Fund is one of the oldest users of this tactic and it has served them well over the years to get the "sheeple" to bend to their will.

These groups only want to fleece us and the government out of money. They want to keep dredgers out of the water because they know that your typical dredger will clean up mercury for free and they want to cash in on the cleanup themselves. Just look at the Lake Combie mess!

I'd love to see a visual comparison of how much mercury could be removed by small scale dredgers Vs. their clean up efforts in a years time and then equate that to the cost to the tax payers. Want to guess which group the tax payers would choose to continue the cleanup?

specksandflecks

Nov 13, 2009
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'd love to see a visual comparison of how much mercury could be removed by small scale dredgers Vs. their clean up efforts in a years time and then equate that to the cost to the tax payers. Want to guess which group the tax payers would choose to continue the cleanup?

How about how much mercury HAS BEEN removed by small scale miners. Dead horse, yes we all know. Something else we all know is politic$ and law making is mostly about the money.

Governance is pay to play and that's here to stay. Question is: How do we get back in the game? I know the answer and I'm not telling, lest they come and get me.

midnightmoon

Mar 8, 2008
Los Angeles, California
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I wasn't aware that there was any fracking going on around the San Andreas fault area. I don't know if it's true or not, but knowing that area pretty well, it doesn't seem like a wise idea. It's unstable enough as it is. I guess when the portion of the west coast from San Francisco to Baja falls off into the ocean we'll see how unsafe it is. I just hope my siblings finish buying me out on that property in San Diego before that happens. ;)

Yup. Massive fracking operations going on in Kern County (Bakersfield) next to the San Andreas. Tapping the Monterrey Shale Shelf down through L.A. -- the Inglewood oil fields. A small amount of fracking has always gone on; now it's better equipment, new methods and expanded operations. More pressure and reduced friction -- prolly not a good idea in a critical fault zone. Gee, we don't hear much about this -- spot light is on the small-scale miner, farmer, hiker. We don't have big money to toss around.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
When our mining brothers and sisters regain their rights to dredge, I'd like to see a program set up to buy back the mercury they remove at the price per ounce that it's costing the tax payers to have it removed form areas like Lake Combie. I read somewhere that it's going to cost something like $8,000 an ounce! That should help to pay for all the lost time over the years. Even if they just pay 1/4 of that it would be a good way to get more people dredging.

I know.... wishful thinking.

mxer47

Jul 28, 2013
A government paid "greene" run mercury removal operation would make the Hoffman crew look brilliantly efficient.

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I honestly see them contracting out, eventually, to big companies who will take chunks of rivers and do a full clean-up operation, similar to prepping a dam site.
Building coffer dams, excavating every inch down through the bedrock. Hey, a billion here, a billion there. Seems the sheeple will get their eyes open, if that happens.

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Jeff, it's already been done. They did a couple of voluntary drop off mercury collections a few years ago, very successful. Cost the tax payers nothing and collected more mercury in two weekends then the multi million dollar tax payer funded program will in several years!

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
I honestly see them contracting out, eventually, to big companies who will take chunks of rivers and do a full clean-up operation, similar to prepping a dam site.
Building coffer dams, excavating every inch down through the bedrock. Hey, a billion here, a billion there. Seems the sheeple will get their eyes open, if that happens.
and dont think for a minuet that these big mining companys are with us! infact thay will send us down the river if it means they wont be bothered by big brother or these wacoenviromentalists. that what happend to the logging industry. the bigger logging companys sided with these wacos and sicked the enviromentalwacos onto the smaller logging companys. thusly knocking out any/all competition for the bigger guys! GREEDY JERKS!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread