What to do with Gold teeth?

H&F909ORO

Dec 26, 2013
California East Bay
Primary Interest:
Other
HI all, I have picked up some gold teeth awhile ago and just found it again today. The teeth part it still on it, ya I know gross, but I was trying to figure how to 1. Seperate to just get the gold 2. Melt it 3. Sell it. I don't need it anymore so I want the money for it :). Anyone have any idea on how to answer these questions?

Thanks

Upvote 0

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found 6 in one place and sent them all to the refiner. Got a nice check.

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That def is gross. Maybe try hydrochloric acid? Then, melt?

OP
OP
H&F909ORO

H&F909ORO

Dec 26, 2013
California East Bay
Primary Interest:
Other
I looked up some refinerys to see if they will take em. I also looked at hydrochloride acid and got mixed results of it will dissolve gold and it won't.

rocme44

Sep 4, 2013
AZ, N.CA
Detector(s) used
AT, Goldbug2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There are threads on this site that talk in depth on this topic. My son (on this site) does it well. There are some that would be willing to talk about doing this with/for you.
Good find!

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If it won't give you the hee bee geebees, wrap them up in a towel or something and beat the 'll out of them until the teeth are broken away. Won't hurt the gold, ain like your wrecking a nugget specimen! Sick little puppies!

Jimmydolittle

Mar 14, 2013
Hendricksville Indiana
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What refiner's are trusted? Any suggestions would be great. Whats your opinion?
Here is the refiner I used when I was doing electronic scrap refining, family owned, and honest. Precious metals buyers, smelters, refiners of gold, platinum, silver scrap metals, dental gold scrap, platinum thermocouple wire, crucibles, silver scrap. Gold refiners, platinum scrap buyers, recyclers karat gold jewelry. Sell gold, platinum and sil
If they are old, they could be as much as 22 carat, newer ones are only about 12.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I had one of my own gold caps replaced recently and I made the dentist give the old cap to me (otherwise I am suspicious the money goes in the office party fund!). I found that it was 14k and got $38 for it. I didn't keep it since I didn't capture it from the wild :-D

OP
OP
H&F909ORO

H&F909ORO

Dec 26, 2013
California East Bay
Primary Interest:
Other
If you all are curious take a look at the gold teeth image-2357723686.jpg

Last edited:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
They look nice and clean. If you assume 14k then 60% of the weight is the gold value. So what do they weigh? I think this is the sort of gold I would melt to make a little bar out of it or similar "coin" or pendant. You could smelt it to purify but as pointed out elsewhere, that doesn't really add to e market value.

OP
OP
H&F909ORO

H&F909ORO

Dec 26, 2013
California East Bay
Primary Interest:
Other
Sadly I'm not able to figure out the weight, the scale I bought from a guy here on the website, it ended up to have a broken screen. Planning on buying a scale soon.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ok do we even want to ask how you got them?

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just had a tooth pulled yesterday, funny seeing this post. It was a 25 year old filling and gold so I told the dentist I wanted it. Not sure what I was thinking, stinking laughing gas and Novocain! Now....I am thinking smash it, cash in the gold to help offset my co-pay??

BTW, having teeth pulled is not fun, especially when it breaks into pieces and takes 3 hours.

TAKE CARE OF YOUR TEETH! Wish I did!

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not eeewww, more oooowwwwwww and a few cuss words.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sadly I'm not able to figure out the weight, the scale I bought from a guy here on the website, it ended up to have a broken screen. Planning on buying a scale soon.
Just go get one at the local head shop! That's where I paid $20 for mine!

Last edited:
OP
OP
H&F909ORO

H&F909ORO

Dec 26, 2013
California East Bay
Primary Interest:
Other
Nah, I will get one on ebay, the ones that I can find around here in my town are 80 or so dollars. Looking for something cheaper like 20 dollars.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread