My 2013 Total....

ALewis

Aug 20, 2013
East Bay, Northern Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since the rain has finally come & I had to take a weekend off I decided to go through my 2013 jar & clean it up a little. Dried & weighed, came in at 3.3 grams. I think very respectable for my first year.. That's all recovered w/ my homemade sluice, pretty much NF American.... although I did have some digging help from my brother on occasion.

CAM00035.jpg CAM00025.jpg

Here's the 2014 pile, hoping it's 2 grams, but probably a lil under,

CAM00014.jpg

Attachments

• Photo0296.jpg
    Photo0296.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 79
Upvote 0

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good job buddy! Looking to be a 1/4 ounce in the making!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good work...nice acceleration in production too!

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Beat the crap out of my last years take...NICE GOLD! :icon_thumright:

Since you already have near 2gr. for 2014, what is the season goal?

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
AL Great Job on the Gold... I really like the looks of that sluice. What is the weight? What do you think materials cost on that? Where does one get those plans?

Goldenmojo

OP
OP
ALewis

ALewis

Aug 20, 2013
East Bay, Northern Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually, realized my goal's for yr are kind of all over the place.....AU total for yr. is easy, I'm "hoping" for 1 Oz Total, in the jar by end of 2014 ! I think it is possible, but will take A Lot of work...figurin that'll be a 2 gram avg. each month. (figured that was the question). No idea if I'll get there, but going to try like mad....

The other season goals are many.... Enjoy the TNet weekend, 4-5 day backpack trip on river explorin & prospectin this spring, day trip w/ some felllow TNet memebers, Find some interesting Gold Relic's, abandoned camp's, equipment, ETc, Etc...

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Spend enough time getting to know that river and I am willing to bet you can average 2-3 grams a day.

Some Great looking Gold..

OP
OP
ALewis

ALewis

Aug 20, 2013
East Bay, Northern Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AL Great Job on the Gold... I really like the looks of that sluice. What is the weight? What do you think materials cost on that? Where does one get those plans?

Goldenmojo

GM... Check out GoodGuy's thread on the sluice page.... My Diy Fluid Bed Gold Trap Sluice ,
That was a huge help for me.... I borrowed "heavily" from his design :) and made the rest up as I went :) I really like the fluid bed technology, I think I paid 5-10 for some scap aluminum and maybe $20 for (2) cut pieces? I used .032 aluminum, and 1/8" rivets & silicon. Like the rivets cause you can just drill em out & re-rivet, has allowed for a mod or two....Think my pic has funnels hooked up for the fluid tubes, I've removed those & am closing off the entire underside... I'll post some revised pic's... It's pretty light weight, no real idea, but maybe 5 lbs ? I'll check tonight. I attach to the outside of my pack w/ a bungee cord...Cleans out by dunking in a 5 gal bucket. Nice & easy.

I learned a lot w/ that build, just priced some ABS plastic, going to give that a try for the next one....

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nicely done!

A big congratulations to you on a nice haul.

Is that a homemade Bazooka?

All the best,

Lanny

Cariboo5

Oct 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job, looking forward to seeing 2014's total next year...

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Al,
Nice pile of gold there and a nice job on the bazooka type sluice! The American is a great river regardless of the fork one is on as gold can be had on all three and of course then there are the tributaries, the little creeks, the back country oh the back country. Sigh!! Have fun out there............63bkpkr

OP
OP
ALewis

ALewis

Aug 20, 2013
East Bay, Northern Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lanny, Yep, she's 100% homemade... Kind of like a child, it looks and act's a little strange at times, but I'm very proud...Currently working on a 2nd :laughing7:

Upside is it's a little cheaper, and feels great that I am using my ingenuity to increase my production ! Downside is the first few trips out wondering if the darn thing is even working :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
ALewis

ALewis

Aug 20, 2013
East Bay, Northern Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Al,
Nice pile of gold there and a nice job on the bazooka type sluice! The American is a great river regardless of the fork one is on as gold can be had on all three and of course then there are the tributaries, the little creeks, the back country oh the back country. Sigh!! Have fun out there............63bkpkr

Mr 63bkpkr !!! Good to hear from you, hope your enjoying Tx.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread