Alaska Bound

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well this may I am headed to Alaska.. California has made small scale mining impossible and costly. I feel their is no way I can work a claim profitably. And also the fear of legal battles harassment ect ect.. I just do not have the money to hope it will get better. It may take years. I suppose I could keep on living pan to pan. But my world is getting smaller! I just seem to be treading water here in Cali. Anyway I got my sights set on Chicken Alaska or Hope Alaska. Both areas have a strong gold history. I have been doing a hell of lot of reading about Alaska Laws and becoming as familiar with areas/rules and such. Anyway I was hoping maybe someone here may have been or knows about Hope Alaska or Chicken Alaska. I would be interested in all information you may have. Everything helps.. I am watching that Movie Into The Wild directed by Sean Penn tonight/tomorrow. Never seen it but it looked good..

Upvote 0

Rdg Sluicer

Dec 11, 2012
Redding, Ca
Detector(s) used
BGT Prospector

BGT Super Mini

Angus MacKirk Explorer

South Yuba Mining Highbanker
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good luck MM but I hope you have more sense that the guy from Into the Wild.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well this may I am headed to Alaska.. California has made small scale mining impossible and costly. I feel their is no way I can work a claim profitably. And also the fear of legal battles harassment ect ect.. I just do not have the money to hope it will get better. It may take years. I suppose I could keep on living pan to pan. But my world is getting smaller! I just seem to be treading water here in Cali. Anyway I got my sights set on Chicken Alaska or Hope Alaska. Both areas have a strong gold history. I have been doing a hell of lot of reading about Alaska Laws and becoming as familiar with areas/rules and such. Anyway I was hoping maybe someone here may have been or knows about Hope Alaska or Chicken Alaska. I would be interested in all information you may have. Everything helps.. I am watching that Movie Into The Wild directed by Sean Penn tonight/tomorrow. Never seen it but it looked good..

There used to be some good guys on the Alaska gold forum if it's still up and running.

There were a few over on Steve H's forum as well. (I understand he's got a new one now--it might be worth checking out his forum.)

All the best, and good luck,

Lanny

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey Victor. I hate to see you go but totally understand. The fact that you have lasted here in CA this long is a tribute to just how good of a prospector you are. And then the youtube BS, OMG. Jealous son's a b*tches. I'll bet you are ready to get the he** out. Rant done.

I also wanted to tell you about Hope and Resurrection creek. Disclaimer: I left AK in 1999, so this may (no...HAS) changed.

What I can tell you about Hope is if I were to homestead anywhere in AK, Hope is where I would choose. Mountains straight up on each side of you save for the cook inlet at the mouth of resurecction creek. Throw in dime bright pink salmon around the 4 of July, running so thick I took my 2 little girls with me there for several years in a row because they could have so much fun catching fish. Even my Shepard/Husky mix walked in and got one, right in front of me fishing. Feeling naughty? Go upstream and snag into a 30 pound king.

I had a 1965 Shasta 18 foot travel trailer and we camped right in town. The proprietor had a black eye patch which scared the poop out of my youngest...thought he was a pirate. LOL Anyways, I'm sure you know about the nuggets that have been found there. It WAS a great place to escape...till one day..the Milepost decided to add a paragraph on it in 1997 I think. Next year, guys are all over, stepping out of their motor homes with brand spanking new Cabela's fishing gear and chest waders (picture the tags still hanging off). I can't imagine it has improved, but still...it's where I'd go....where I would live and prospect.

Good luck Victor. I am certain you will succeed in AK and please keep us posted.
Jeff

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
I hope you're still going ot be able to stay in touch with us here on the froum from time to time to let us all know how you're doing man! Many here (including myself) have loved your contributions to the forum and will miss your input.

If for some reason you're unable to stay in touch, I wish you fair weather, safe travels and pans too heavy with gold to lift!

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes, please keep posting!

All the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
M

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Gentlemen I ain't leaving for a few months.. I am hoping something will come of Tnet weekend in April as I would love to come. I plan on staying in touchon this forum asI enjoy it immensily and continuing my videos.. I had to remove some of the descriptions from my vids and change titles.. Not that I am secretive in my diggings just taking precautions against the man.
Jeff I am currently speaking with a man near hope who has quite a few claims and dredges and even 1 hardrock mine..His age is making it difficult for him to work. I have been talking with him about working out a trade of sorts. Anyway the more I read about the Hope Alaska Area and look at the pictures the more I hope To be in HOPE.. But I am looking at all options and putting together some back up plans. I hope to pave the way for some of my kin. I am very unhappy in which society is goin not just the stupid gold issues but EVERYTHING!! Anyway I am hoping to find not just gold but a decent place for a man to live raise a Family..

AlaskaGold

Nov 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well if you make the trip north Alaska welcomes you. Don't think the eco types aren't here, cause they are. We've just kept them at bay, for now. We are lucky to be a mineral rich state with a state government that currently stands on that side. It won't be that way forever as it changes more every year. I have been here my entire life and it's changed. Mostly for the worse. I do think its a great place to raise a family. Hope is a beautiful little town, it does get a lot of tourist with it being on the road system and close to Anchorage. I used to fish there as well now there's a few to many people for my likely. Still swing in every summer to fish when headed further south. I was down there last weekend digging around during a warm spell and it sure shines in the winter. Didn't see another person! If you have any questions about the area or others let me know.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep good luck and have a safe trip, let us know how it goes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread