Making A Miller Table Using A Rubber Mat For The Surface

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
As you can see I have taken a different approach in securing the 1/2" CPVC tubing by using a rubber grommet. Using a Unibit I was able to size the holes slightly small than the OD of the inner grove of the grommet this makes the ID of the grommet slight smaller. This allows the CPVC tube to be very tight within the grommet. The CPVC tubing is sealed and no chance of leaking around the grommets. The 1/8” holes are pointing downward and onto pad within the water box. I installed a top made from a 1/4" cutting board and angled so that the bottom of the front plate will be about 1/2” off of the easy liner for water to escape from under the plate through the Scotch Brite. Some of the photos you will see a ball valve but the finished Miller Table I used a needle and seat valve from Loew's of which will allow for finer adjustment and even out the water flow.

To finish off the Miller Table fine gold recovery system I built a PVC stand with stainless steel all-thread and wing nuts at each corner so I can adjust the level of the table. A 500 GPH 12 volt Attwood was used. I used PVC T fittings that snap over 3/4" PVC pipe so that I can tilt the front or the back of the table to adjust the angle.

Some of you are having trouble locating Easy Liner here is a link to all the vendors who may carry the product. Granted every store may or may not carry the product. EASY LINER VENDORS

This is what your looking for SOLID Solid Easy Liner® - Black | Duck® Brand EASY LINER

If you cannot find it in your area then buy it online from AMAZON

Duck Brand makes many different colors, textures, widths, and lengths of shelve liners, your looking for Easy Liner Ultra Fresh and currently its made in three colors of White, Tan, or Black. Below is what the texture looks like. The surface has a very slight texture to it, its solid and smooth.

EASY LINER.jpg

T225.jpg T224.jpg T223.jpg
T226.jpg T228.jpg T229.jpg
T227.jpg T231.jpg T232.jpg
T219.jpg T217.jpg T218.jpg
T233.jpg T220.jpg T221.jpg
T222.jpg T247.jpg T248.jpg
T250.jpg T251.jpg T265.jpg
T266.jpg T267.jpg T268.jpg

MAKE SURE ONCE ON THE YOUTUBE VIDEO TO SWITCH OVER TO 720p TO VIEW THE VIDEOS IN HIGH DEF.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mtnenator

Apr 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, all. I'm new to this forum. I have tried to sift through this post looking for the information I'm seeking. I would like to try to add matting to my sluice box and outfitting my high banker with a modified spray bar, so I don't need to add more equipment to my ever growing prospecting gear. If it doesn't work, I won't be out a whole lot and I can use the purchased pump and modified bar into a new Miller table build.

I cannot find the recommended Easy Liner Ultra Fresh. It seems to have been discontinued and is no longer available anywhere. I did find this:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B010DHSV6O/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_F0C4ECRVSN0T5G7Q64ZZ

However, I wanted to see what you all thought about it.

My other question is, do I just use adhesive spray to set the matting to my sluice? Or is there any other method you all would recommend?

Thank you!

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Well first off let me say WELCOME to TN ! That Duck brand looks just like the material that AZViper recommended and that is what I bought also ! I have bought some of DUCKY'S other products inpaticular the Ducky yellow tape for my lawn mower seat and It has stood up to several years of use so far ! I don't see any problem using spray adhesive unless you scare the material and need to replace it but that will only require some elbow grease to redo ! I like multi - use equipment to minimize the amount of equipment I needed to carry / transport around the Country............ Now I've completely minimized the equipment and sold it all !:BangHead::dontknow::tongue3: At 74 and beat up is my reasoning for selling it all ! Rosey say hi to Denise for me and R.I.P. for Dan !

mtnenator

Apr 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you very much for your insight. I think I may just fasten the top of the mat to the sluice and see how well it lays down before I add any sort of adhesive.

I'll post pictures and maybe a video once I complete the setup.

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
This azviper post does not seem like the origional, and there were many info loaded posts afterward. He tells which adhesive to use and how to use it. I still have the can in the basement. I didn't bend up a sluice like he did. I have a bunch of special 3/4 incch 13 ply concrete form plywood. Be sure to use the needle valve for the water. I have two setteling beds for my discharge water in the tub to keep dirt from going through my pump. I love my table. Been using it every Winter for 7 years now. It stops the gold! Even pieces I can not see with the naked eye. I can help you with pics of my build if you need help.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions