Making A Miller Table Using A Rubber Mat For The Surface - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree150Likes

Thread: Making A Miller Table Using A Rubber Mat For The Surface

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Minning Tools: 12" Trommel, Royal Drywasher, Viper-Vac, Miller Table, Blue Bowl, Footprints, Google Earth, These Are Just Tools As You Still Have To Be On The Gold

Sep 2012
    Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting in the southwest?
    Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
    2187 times
    Prospecting
    Keith I am borrowing a page from your book. I installed my snuffer bottle using a snap-on tee fittings and a 1-1/4" PVC coupling, works like a charm. Thanks for the idea.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	T242.jpg 
Views:	337 
Size:	149.2 KB 
ID:	947063
    “He who builds their own equipment has a better understanding of what works and what does not work”

us
    Keith

Feb 2013
    Glendale
    Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
    355 times
    Prospecting
    You are very welcome.
    Men are strong so long as they represent a strong idea they become powerless when they oppose it. Sigmund Freud

us
    Minning Tools: 12" Trommel, Royal Drywasher, Viper-Vac, Miller Table, Blue Bowl, Footprints, Google Earth, These Are Just Tools As You Still Have To Be On The Gold

Sep 2012
    Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
    2187 times
    Prospecting
    After going to half dozen places looking for 1/2" tubing that was somewhat flexible I decided to order 2ft. of Latex Surgical Tubing with 1/2"ID x 3/4"OD in black to connect the pump to the Miller Table. I will give the Miller Table a run next week to see first hand how the matting capture fine gold. I mounted the pump to a piece of 1/4" cutting board material to keep the pump upright within the tub.

Name:	T243.jpg 
Views:	274 
Size:	166.0 KB 
ID:	948458 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	T244.jpg 
Views:	299 
Size:	150.4 KB 
ID:	948459
    “He who builds their own equipment has a better understanding of what works and what does not work”

us
    Feb 2014
    longview wa.
    2 times
    Prospecting
    first time commenting here. i am very impressed with your workmanship. well done az .i'm new to prospecting but have made my own recirc. sluise. now I guess it's time to try a miller table. got a feeling it's gonna look a lot like your's thanks for the pics and descriptions.again job well done!!

May 2005
    St. Louis, missouri
    4437 times
    about your snuffer bottel holder, years back ,when i was still working i bent up a bunch of alum snuffer bottel holders and passed them out at our clubs last meeting of the year. they held 2 snuffer bottels and one 12oz holder for whatever you wanted tobe held!i i bent a lip on this so that you could hang it from your panning tub. I may make somemore of them whenever i have the time!
    Lotus Geologist likes this.

us

Sep 2012
    2187 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by chasindadream View Post
    first time commenting here. i am very impressed with your workmanship. well done az .i'm new to prospecting but have made my own recirc. sluise. now I guess it's time to try a miller table. got a feeling it's gonna look a lot like your's thanks for the pics and descriptions.again job well done!!
    Chasindadream,

If you have any question feel free to ask. Inside the header box I installed an absorption pad that the spray bar sprays onto. This will allow for the water to be released onto the matting evenly. The spray of water hits along the red line. Good luck and like to see your finished Miller Table.

Name:	T245.jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	101.8 KB 
ID:	948691 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	T246.jpg 
Views:	281 
Size:	241.2 KB 
ID:	948692

us

Sep 2012
    2187 times
    Prospecting
    The table is complete. I should have the Latex tubing Monday and be running con. Will do a video of the table capturing fine gold. Using those snap-on tee fittings I made a raised stand to keep the pump above the bottom of the tub and to secure the pump so the entire Miller Table, Pump can be removed as one complete unit.

Name:	T247.jpg 
Views:	263 
Size:	170.7 KB 
ID:	949197 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	T248.jpg 
Views:	288 
Size:	159.6 KB 
ID:	949198 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	T250.jpg 
Views:	259 
Size:	149.7 KB 
ID:	949199

Name:	T251.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	183.6 KB 
ID:	949200 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	T252.jpg 
Views:	254 
Size:	196.0 KB 
ID:	949201 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	T253.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	151.1 KB 
ID:	949202

us

Sep 2012
    2187 times
    Prospecting
    Took some con and sized it as seen in the image below. Will setup the Miller Table this week and capture some video of just how well it does. I have sample con that passed through each of these sizes, 100, 70, 50, 30 mesh screens.

Name:	T254.jpg 
Views:	462 
Size:	225.8 KB 
ID:	949951

May 2005
    St. Louis, missouri
    4437 times
    Very nice results on your table!

us

Sep 2012
    2187 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by russau View Post
    Very nice results on your table!
    Hi Russ, thx... My latex tubing did not arrive today. Hopefully tomorrow as I really want to give the table a run through.

Feb 2004
    Colorado
    GS5 X-5 GMT
    169 times
    Actually AZViper Your quote below is the best part of your thread.
    "If you have any question feel free to ask. Inside the header box I installed an absorption pad that the spray bar sprays onto. This will allow for the water to be released onto the matting evenly. The spray of water hits along the red line. Good luck and like to see your finished Miller Table."

I have a similar set up for my mini wave table. It produces an even, tranquil water flow far superior to anything else out there. Only difference is my wave table only needs a fraction of a miller tables water flow so my pad's holes are quite a bit smaller.

George

us

Sep 2012
    2187 times
    Prospecting
    The Miller Table is completed and I hope to run some material in the morning. I would like to run the material today but I have a Tundra that needs brakes. Have already pulled the rotors and having the rotors turned. I really like the way the entire project turned out. The latex tubing was the ticket of having a soft pliable tubing that can take a radius bend and not kink.

Name:	T257.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	169.1 KB 
ID:	952112 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	T258.jpg 
Views:	254 
Size:	195.7 KB 
ID:	952113 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	T259.jpg 
Views:	263 
Size:	197.1 KB 
ID:	952114 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	T260.jpg 
Views:	237 
Size:	183.7 KB 
ID:	952115
    Jeff95531 and elgatodelnoche like this.

us

Sep 2012
    2187 times
    Prospecting
    I wanted to see how well the Miller Table would hold onto the heavier gold as I may just use the table to capture all gold from my cons. As you can see the heavier gold stayed in place. The remaining con will be saved for future clean out for the ultra-fine gold running at a much slower water flow.

That dark black looking spot where I am placing the con is a flaw in the rubber of the color only. Did not notice this when installing the mat but it does not affect the capture of gold.

The key to capturing the gold is the water flow rate in relation to the amount of angle of the table. I started out at 8 degrees. The finer the gold the less angle of the table and slower water flow. The video was strictly to demonstrate the speed in which the table can be run at and still hold the gold. In the field I would be more incline to slow the water down and slightly less angle.

Last edited by AzViper; Mar 02, 2014 at 11:04 PM.

us
    Oct 2013
    Utah
    Bounty Hunter
    37 times
    Prospecting
    Does a great job of holding the gold doesn't it? Nice table.

us

Sep 2012
    2187 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by UTAvalanche View Post
    Does a great job of holding the gold doesn't it? Nice table.
    Yep it does hold the gold. Now just need to run black sand con I have at a much slower water flow and recover the ultra-fine gold that most never recover.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links