Gold Prospectors magazine

Hillbilly Joe

Feb 5, 2014
MT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, I am wandering around the super market, and find the magazine. Are there other magazines like this for the prospectors? I was pretty excited as it has some info on the yogo sapphire, and it is only found in Montana. It seems crazy now, but miners use to throw them out of the pan! They can fetch a huge amount of money! You can read more about the most famous yogo mine here.

Mike Roberts | Roberts Yogo Sapphire Mine

Upvote 0

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Them sure was purty things :)

Now, if you sir are in that neck of the woods, could you please find more for the gemological markets?

Keep the faith in Montana, only you can provide our needs of those "purty things" :)

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Gold Prospectors Magazine is published by the Gold Prospectors Association of America. The largest prospecting club in the world. Check them out on the internet. Several members here are GPAA members, me included. The ICMJ is another prospecting and mining journal that is out there. Happy reading.

IDdesertman

Dec 8, 2007
Boise, Idaho
Detector(s) used
GPX4500, Gold Bugs
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Check out the ICMJ (Prospecting and Mining Journal). Worth every penny IMHO... I pick up a copy of the Gold Prospectors Magazine every once i a while, but of the two, I definitely prefer the ICMJ.

Happy hunting!

OP
OP
Hillbilly Joe

Hillbilly Joe

Feb 5, 2014
MT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Them sure was purty things :)

Now, if you sir are in that neck of the woods, could you please find more for the gemological markets?

Keep the faith in Montana, only you can provide our needs of those "purty things" :)

Trust me, when I am in the area next I will most likely be posting pic or two if I find one. One thing I have figured out is I use more of my USMC infantry training crawiing around the mountains here than I ever used it in other jobs! It like a light bulb went on to all the gold and gems around here. I have the fever lol!

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I am correct the higher quality gems are found in the Uttica area on the eastern side of the Little Belt Mts. But I read that those mines were bought a long time ago and closed. The majority of the Montana sapphires are mined in the Helena Mt. area. The sapphires are found in pipes that a greenish colored soil.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
the International mining journal is the premire mining magizine in the world! ICMJ.com this is one publication that ill never not renew my subscription!

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another good thing about ICMJ's Prospecting and Mining journal is the ability to have an online subscription complete with online access to all the back issues plus menbership to their online forum!

Here is the website where they offer full access to some of the articles in the magazine for free plus so much more!!!
ICMJ's Prospecting and Mining Journal

GG~

Last edited:

midnightmoon

Mar 8, 2008
Los Angeles, California
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Another good thing about ICMJ's Prospecting and Mining journal is the ability to have an online subscription complete with online access to all the back issues plus menbership to their online forum!

Here is the website where they offer full access to some of the articles in the magazine for free plus so much more!!!
ICMJ's Prospecting and Mining Journal

GG~

+1 to the Goodyguy.

When I got my online & print subscription (I think it was just 4.00 more to add print) I was reading away -- then realized I may have access to back issues -- checked it out.

Yes!

... still reading.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread