kodikblack

Greenie
Feb 10, 2014
morehead city/nc
Detector(s) used
fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So the story goes a little like this two men found gold I think it was in washington nc. in 1930. inspected the gold and found it was from the 1700's. and decide to bring it to Pamlico sound and hide in in a cypress grove one of the men died of a fever. the other went back to retrieve the gold and noticed the Pamlico river near the mouth where the gold was buried had changed and swollen getting rid of the cypress grove due to floods and over time rain that eroded the banks. he searched for a few days and never recovered the gold. does anyone know more about this?

Upvote 0

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So the story goes a little like this two men found gold I think it was in washington nc. in 1930. inspected the gold and found it was from the 1700's. and decide to bring it to Pamlico sound and hide in in a cypress grove one of the men died of a fever. the other went back to retrieve the gold and noticed the Pamlico river near the mouth where the gold was buried had changed and swollen getting rid of the cypress grove due to floods and over time rain that eroded the banks. he searched for a few days and never recovered the gold. does anyone know more about this?

Hi there,

And welcome to the forum.

Perhaps you'd have more luck if you post your question on this TNET thread: Treasure Legends

All the best,

Lanny

dale68

Jan 12, 2009
I know nothing about this, but me thinks u need to do some research where that river's mouth was in 1930 to include floods and the river's course was then go to the relevant county historical society in person, also check newspapers(online or in person) either way don't reveal the true reason. Check county plat maps for clues. Reasearch is the answere, might be just a story might not: either way u r going to learn history which may help u in ways u can't imagine right now.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
sorry new to this and thanks

No apology necessary. Asking questions is a huge part of learning. I hope you'll find the answers you're looking for, and Dale has given you some solid advice.

All the best,

Lanny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread