Suction Dredging Minus The Drege Is Not Suction Dredging!

Desert Hermit

Feb 1, 2014
Randsburg, California
Detector(s) used
MineLab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Have you read this? Suction Dredging Minus The Dredge = LEGAL.

Of course if we gain an inch here, the green babblers will probably set us back another mile real quick.

Quote from the page:

Here are the official answers (2 January 2013):
“I carefully read (today) the information that McCracken provides on his website. I believe Dave McCracken’s description of the legal requirements and application of the regulations is accurate. If practiced as he describes, this is not a violation of the moratorium and is not prohibited.

There is no specific permit required and no seasonal restrictions. Since this is not suction dredging, neither the moratorium or our adopted regulations for suction dredging apply. It’s essentially a loophole in existing law. However, as McCracken notes, Fish and Game Code section 1602 could apply if the streambed alteration is substantial, that is, you create a big hole. My guess is that such a system will be less efficient, and less excavation will occur, than if you were using a suction dredge since there is no sluice box and miners will need to use some other system to sort through the material.”

Mark Stopher
Habitat Conservation Program Manager
California Department of Fish and Game
601 Locust Street
Redding, CA 96001

voice 530.225.2275
fax 530.225.2391
cell 530.945.1344

Upvote 0

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
i beleive you need to do a follow up on this, you only have the first part of it! the wacogreenies also read these forums(ALL OF THEM) and know what to do to respond in their warped little minds when we post pertantant info on the net! think about it! remeber the ole saying," lose lips sink ships" also alpies to posting on the net!

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
they changed the definition of a dredge and this end run was shut down ....

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Off topic, but did you have any luck at the co. recorder's bud?

AlaskaGold

Nov 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boy these guys never give up but neither will we. I found this, Some of you may have already seen it.California Moves to Close Suction Dredge Mining Loophole:goldpan:

That letter has to be the biggest load of horse dung I have read in a long time. Science... You gotta be kidding me. Can anyone show me a published research document that points to one of those statements to have any merit. And no I don't mean a white paper written by some fish and game tech. I want a paper from a scholarly journal.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Dr.Joe Green has many times writen just the oppisite in his papers and sworen testimony to the courts! seems like the courts "dont want to hear the truth!"

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
DH, this GTS was shut down a long time ago
Under CDFW regulations, the use of any vacuum or suction dredge equipment (i.e., suction dredging) is defined as the use of a suction system to vacuum material from a river, stream, or lake for the extraction of minerals. (Cal. Code Regs., tit. 14, § 228, subd. (a).)However, CDFW’s suction dredging regulations do not apply to, prohibit, or restrict nonmotorized recreational mining activities, including panning for gold. (Ibid.; see also Fish & G. Code, § 5653.1, subd. (e).)
Reading together Fish and Game Code sections 5653 and 5653.1, and CDFW’s definition, the use of any motorized device to directly vacuum or suction substrate, sediment, and gravel as part of a mining operation in any river, stream, or lake is currently prohibited in California. The use of any motorized vacuum or suction device to assist in the extraction of minerals as part of an instream mining operation is also prohibited. Likewise, it is unlawful to possess a vacuum or suction dredge in or within 100 yards of any river, stream, or lake. (See Id., § 5653, subd. (d).)

flush down the brown

Last year California Gov. Jerry Brown continued a moratorium initiated by Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger on suction dredge mining until the state develops regulations that pay for the program and protect water quality, wildlife and cultural resources. Regulations adopted by state wildlife officials earlier in 2012 failed to meet these legislative requirements. OK, so they want us dredgers to pay for this program
so maybe we should have the same done with all parks
one park that is said to cost $570,000 a year to operate, revenue only $17,590
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/d...0-000-year-operate-revenue-only-17-590-a.html

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That letter has to be the biggest load of horse dung I have read in a long time. Science... You gotta be kidding me. Can anyone show me a published research document that points to one of those statements to have any merit. And no I don't mean a white paper written by some fish and game tech. I want a paper from a scholarly journal.

The flip side of that is the "mercury machine" up at Combie reservoir. The stupid use of a centrifuge to collect liquid merc. is about the dumbest technology anyone could find. The whole "scientific" documentation reveals incompetence. They had promised a peer-review back in 2009, and again in 2012. Guess what, no peer review. Meanwhile they are still asking for the 9 million to get the project into full production. What a crock.

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
On the bright side the cutterhead dredge they are using is the right one for what they intend to do, which is clear out the mud,and silt for the lake front property owners at our expense.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions