A WARNING SHOT ACROSS THE BOW ?

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The last split I heard about was maybe an east west split of the state which would have been good. Being split into six sections could be favorable to the cause of miners or not depending on where the boundaries are drawn and who lives within those boundaries or just figure out which one of the new states has the best opportunity for gold gathering and make modern day rush from all miners moving there and vote the idiots out.......

Carmelsteve

Feb 17, 2014
Carmel, Ca and Dorrington, Ca
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This has proposed dozens of times since I was a boy (a long time ago). Trouble is, about the only people who want this are in the rural areas, where there is little political clout. Also, what makes anyone think the Federal Gov. would approve this? Can you imagine the implications? There are many states who would do this also. Can you imagine a country with 200 or 300 states? Texas and Florida alone would probably want to split into a dozen states. It would be great for us personally, as we would be part of Silicon Valley, becoming the highest per capita state in the union, but it'll never happen.

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Love to see it, but will never happen, would flip the US senate to the republican favor.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You will have to change the Constitution of the United States before this can happen:

US Constitution
Article IV
Section 3
New States may be admitted by the Congress into this Union; but no new State shall be formed or erected within the Jurisdiction of any other State

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will have to change the Constitution of the United States before this can happen:

West Virginia 1861. Just got to want it bad enough and have the moral conviction to do what is right.

golden sluice

Dec 16, 2013
next to disneyland
Detector(s) used
Thanks Kellyco, and Garrett:smile:... I love my AT gold metal detector!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
:sadsmiley: california is just on hard times right now with piss poor gov't direction. However she will will let her gold glow again.

OP
OP
F

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sure hope so - runnin out of time here.

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kalifornia is the result of absolute, unopposed liberalism, starting with the coward schwartzenegger. Thanks arnold

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
West Virginia Seceded from the south during the civil war. Nevada is the others state To join the Union during the war. Virginia was the 10th original Colony and part of it wanted to fight for the south and part of it thought the south sucked....welcome West Virginia. So what Clay said holds true... As far as the split of California... It is being headed by a Silicon Valley politician so most likely would have no beneficial effect to a gold miner:laughing7:

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Actually the guy putting this on the ballet is a venture capitalist billionaire, says the state is ungovernable due to size and diversity

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ahhh your right Oakview I was listening last night while in the other room I only half listened...but, I will I will still have to use the term " Venture Capitalist" and the title " Politician"...interchangeably I just can't help it........

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
I heard a interview with him a couple of weeks ago, sounds like a straight shooter

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a Conservative Traditionalist. I do not believe in change for change sake. I believe in the Constitution, in the form in which it was written, not the way some want or wish it was written, and in the way this great country was founded with it's many diversed states. I am however first and foremost an American. I believe in the principals of life, liberty, and the persuit of happiness as our God given rights. When those rights, that many members of this forum served so proudly to preserve, are being robbed and trampled on by a corrupt state government such as California, Washington, Oregon, and to some extent Idaho, then change is a must, and it is the peoples duty to make that change. I believe that there is a better than 50/50 chance this initiative will get on the ballot this fall. Californians love initiatives. There is a 50/50 chance it will pass. However without pressure being applied to every senator and congressman from every state it has no chance to become reality. If it does pass in California everyone of us needs to dial up the pressure. If anything, if it fails at the national level it will show the California legislature that it's own people are tired of their crap and are willing to take drastic measures to change things. There is still hope for victory even in defeat. God Bless America and all who faithfully serve her.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread