Wanted gold mining crew

BrassEagle

Mar 15, 2009
Grainte Bay
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster/Di
This some thing I have been thinking about for a long time. We put together 4 guys that work as a TEAM, to go to places along the 3 American rivers here in Ca. We could do it on a day, weekend's, or more. the team would need 1 person with a reliable 4X4 and knowledge of the roads of the area, 1 person that know the rivers here and the history. 1 person with the tools to proses the dirt for Gold. 1 trust worthy sole to do a miner split every day. All would need to have Gold fever but have it under control! Like to have fun and be out side with good people, not afraid of hard work. and are reliable. have your own tools and stuff ect. Let me know what you think yea or na could it work with the right people.

Upvote 0

golden sluice

Dec 16, 2013
next to disneyland
Detector(s) used
Thanks Kellyco, and Garrett:smile:... I love my AT gold metal detector!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Brass eagle, You sound like Humphrey bogart in sierra madre. Lol :hello2:

H&F909ORO

Dec 26, 2013
California East Bay
Primary Interest:
Other
Been around the American river area a few times and can tell ya, a 4x4 around those cliffs or the river? I would say someone wouldn't be happy to see you with a one of them. Unless you plan riding on the roads, but otherwise don't do it in the river. Check laws to make sure. I would have to agree, boots are the best way. Don't forget to pack light.

OP
OP
B

BrassEagle

Mar 15, 2009
Grainte Bay
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster/Di
B H all would have to have those qualities. Yes but they are out there. DN Gs We don't need no stick-en club. (love that movie) Not looking for a club, Looking for a work crew. LG The 4X4 is to get close to a spot. not all the gold is in the rivers, look at google earth of the aera around the 3 American rivers you can see the course of old rivers in the shape of the hills around them. Part of that came over the ranch were I live. Miner ravine is part of that. As for boots on the ground I have knowledge of that, 60lb pack m16,ammo, 20 miles fall out and your are gone 82nd Airborne 73-77.GL thanks for your service. H&F I see you are from SF you sound a little Green to me.check the laws! we don't need no stick-en laws. sorry just messing with you.

H&F909ORO

Dec 26, 2013
California East Bay
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I'm not no tree hugger, if I was I think I would be on the "other side". By the way thanks for your service. Well I hate to get in trouble with the law. I just like to steer clear from all of them. Plus we need to able to dredge again. There's a petition on the forum for ending the ban.

OP
OP
B

BrassEagle

Mar 15, 2009
Grainte Bay
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster/Di
H&F I am a tree huger,I thankful that can go out and cut down a tree for fire wood to keep me warm,make a fence,build a home. I am a rock huger, I have hugged alot of then as I through then out of my way. I am a river huger, a mountain huger. The problem is that the government is acting like the kings of the past. This is my tree, my rock.my river, my mountain, my land, I as king can do what I want because I am king! We do need laws to live by, but they have lost all common sense. It is a sad day when we have to worry about the Kings men when we go out to are forest. P.S. signed the petition last week

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Snake Boy

Apr 8, 2015
Riverside, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey,

I was wondering if you ever got to put a team together. I've been wanting to get the wheel rolling on a small scale gold mining/prospecting operation for some time now. Been scouting some areas here in SoCal but my dream is a claim up north.

OP
OP
B

BrassEagle

Mar 15, 2009
Grainte Bay
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster/Di
Welcome Snake Boy to TN Will the answer is no it is a lot harder than I was thinking. Getting a group together at the same time for a week or more is rough. So I guess I will have to be the lone prospector. Good luck to you finding some Au

AuSomeness

Aug 12, 2014
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In all seriousness, I'd love to do something like this. It makes a lot of sense. Costs can be reduced, workload can be reduced, and hopefully the amount of Au found would increase. You have more heads in the game. A bigger number of those looking would hopefully equal a more consistent pay-off for all involved.

yodi

Mar 24, 2015
NE Washington
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master / Garret Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That sounds like a fun trip to bad it's in California, I wouldn't step one foot in that tree hugger infested evil state. No offense meant to the few of you outdoors men tough enough to stick it out there, good luck to you all.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Nothing wrong with being a solo prospectors Brass. I do it all the time now. I'm currently on month 2 of "Lord only knows how long I'll be gone this time". I prefer to work solo most of the time as then I can only blame or praise myself for failure or success.

SunshineMiner

Jun 2, 2014
Someplace Sunny, California
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to do a whole week... I can get maybe 3 straight days in at atime :( If you'd like hand sometime this summer, by all means, hit me up! Free beer sounds enticing ;)

And this summer will be DRRRRYY... So watch those shovel sparks, hot engines and cigarette butts! I(Cal Fire) don't want to have to come visit any of you this summer here in Cali!

OP
OP
B

BrassEagle

Mar 15, 2009
Grainte Bay
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster/Di
I like it hot and dry compared to cold and wet! so I will start getting out in wild toward the end of next month. As far Sparks. Hot engine. cigarette butts. the first 2 is maybe. but the flash point on cigs is not hot enough to start a fire.

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
I like it hot and dry compared to cold and wet! so I will start getting out in wild toward the end of next month. As far Sparks. Hot engine. cigarette butts. the first 2 is maybe. but the flash point on cigs is not hot enough to start a fire.
OH contraire ... The ember of an unextinguished cigarette butt in dry grass has a very high probability of igniting that grass.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread