Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here's at least one expert who agrees with us

I got this in an e-mail and haven't verified anything. It just "sounds" so logical I kinda have to agree. :thumbsup:

Ian Rutherford Plimer is an Australian geologist, professor emeritus of earth sciences at the University of Melbourne, professor of mining geology at the University of Adelaide, and the director of multiple mineral exploration and mining companies. He has published 130 scientific papers, six books and edited the Encyclopedia of Geology.

Born 12 February 1946 (age 67)

Residence Australia

Nationality Australian

Fields Earth Science, Geology, Mining Engineering

Institutions University of New England,University of Newcastle,University of Melbourne,University of Adelaide

Alma mater University of New South Wales,Macquarie University

Thesis The pipe deposits of tungsten-molybdenum-bismuth in eastern Australia (1976)

Notable awards Eureka Prize (1995, 2002),Centenary Medal (2003), Clarke Medal (2004)

Where Does the Carbon Dioxide Really Come From? Professor Ian Plimer could not have said it better! If you've read his book you will agree, this is a good summary.

PLIMER: "Okay, here's the bombshell. The volcanic eruption in Iceland . Since its first spewing of volcanic ash has, in just FOUR DAYS, NEGATED EVERY SINGLE EFFORT you have made in the past five years to control CO2 emissions on our planet - all of you.

Of course, you know about this evil carbon dioxide that we are trying to suppress - it’s that vital chemical compound that every plant requires to live and grow and to synthesize into oxygen for us humans and all animal life. I know....it's very disheartening to realize that all of the carbon emission savings you have accomplished while suffering the inconvenience and expense of driving Prius hybrids, buying fabric grocery bags, sitting up till midnight to finish your kids "The Green Revolution" science project, throwing out all of your non-green cleaning supplies, using only two squares of toilet paper, putting a brick in your toilet tank reservoir, selling your SUV and speedboat, vacationing at home instead of abroad, nearly getting hit every day on your bicycle, replacing all of your 50 cent light bulbs with $10.00 light bulbs.....well, all of those things you have done have all gone down the tubes in just four days.

The volcanic ash emitted into the Earth's atmosphere in just four days - yes, FOUR DAYS - by that volcano in Iceland has totally erased every single effort you have made to reduce the evil beast, carbon. And there are around 200 active volcanoes on the planet spewing out this crud at any one time - EVERY DAY.

I don't really want to rain on your parade too much, but I should mention that when the volcano Mt Pinatubo erupted in the Philippines in 1991, it spewed out more greenhouse gases into the atmosphere than the entire human race had emitted in all its years on earth.

Yes, folks, Mt Pinatubo was active for over One year - think about it.

Of course, I shouldn't spoil this 'touchy-feely tree-hugging' moment and mention the effect of solar and cosmic activity and the well-recognized 800-year global heating and cooling cycle, which keeps happening despite our completely insignificant efforts to affect climate change.
And I do wish I had a silver lining to this volcanic ash cloud, but the fact of the matter is that the bush fire season across the western USA and Australia this year alone will negate your efforts to reduce carbon in our world for the next two to three years. And it happens every year.

Just remember that your government just tried to impose a whopping carbon tax on you, on the basis of the bogus 'human-caused' climate-change scenario.
Hey, isn’t it interesting how they don’t mention 'Global Warming'
Anymore, but just 'Climate Change' - you know why?
It’s because the planet has COOLED by 0.7 degrees in the past century and these global warming bull artists got caught with their pants down.

And, just keep in mind that you might yet have an Emissions Trading Scheme - that whopping new tax - imposed on you that will achieve absolutely nothing except make you poorer.
It won’t stop any volcanoes from erupting, that’s for sure.
But, hey, relax......give the world a hug and have a nice day!"

Upvote 0

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
we can not live on this planet without CO2

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Volcanoes are like earthquakes, tornadoes, hurricanes that is, they just happen. Man can not control them or what they do to the atmosphere. I agree that "Mankind", in general, is a slob and should be ashamed of itself for littering this earth, by purposefully dumping harmful chemicals out so they don't have to pay the recycle charges, littering everywhere, not picking up after themselves and the list goes on for people and companies who trash this planet.

So, where do we draw the line? Being reasonable might help and combining this with accepting the hit when it is You or your Company/Industry that is causing something Bad!

"We The People" need to clean up after ourselves, that's each one of us being responsible for our own mess.

Then "We The People" in the form of companies, Industries, Governments or Organizations large or Small need to be responsible for their own messes.

Check out any large Northern California river during a 'normal' spring flood stage event and you will find it is filled with Tons of dirt, very large trees and the like. Then take a first hand look at any dredging operations silt fingerprint and you will find the turbidity has dropped to nothing just some small distance down river.

Groups with Axes to Grind need to pay for what they have done to American Society due to misinformation (lies, bad science, paid for bad science with public funds) AND "WE THE PEOPLE" need to get up off our duffs and legally fight them back into the dark ages where they belong, IMHO!.....................63bkpkr

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I clearly remember when this article came out, and I remember how shocked I was by the revelation of how much C02 natural events release into the atmosphere. The next revelation was the massive scale of the propaganda to impose a tax on people for generating what nature produces so much more of than we ever could.

I wonder why this article has essentially been buried by the carbon tax proponents and not posted to every news agency around the world again and again? Oh, that's right, the science behind it doesn't agree with their agenda!

Does any of this sound familiar? Does it remind anyone of fungus in dark places being fed fertilizer? The next revelation appears to be that we are that fungus being kept in the dark.

63bkpkr is definitely on to something.

All the best,

Lanny

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Yup! Even more misinformation by our elected idiots and the greenies! I for one am about fed up with them using scare tactics, misinformation and science that's been bought and paid for to dig even further into our pockets. It's time for this kind of actions by our elected officials to come to a screeching halt!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions