Game of Stones

JustwatchitonTV

Tenderfoot
Feb 22, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I highly doubt he cuts or heats the stones by hand. Computerized machines do that so much better and faster. Wonder what other BS is on the show?

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Agreed. Seems like a massive fake hype machine for his business.
man if they would have just staged loosing a guy in the mine field .. One big blast and blood splattering all over the others ... I'm sure it would have topped the charts maybe the fellas head landing in a near by village ...

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you ever been there in the frontiers of Thailand/Cambodia recently??? I have Thai friends and other miners who have been and NO jokes about minefields as that dog Pol Pot threw'm everywhere. Yes modified antics for show BUT much real also. Many nuggets of truth and heat treating is a art learned through experience and observation and NOT computerized bs that ruins more than it helps. Each and every pocket is slightly differing composition and must be treated slightly differently hotter/cooler/longer/shorter/retreated etc etc. Sometimes autoclvical treatment or even plasma now.. John

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Have you ever been there in the frontiers of Thailand/Cambodia recently??? I have Thai friends and other miners who have been and NO jokes about minefields as that dog Pol Pot threw'm everywhere. Yes modified antics for show BUT much real also. Many nuggets of truth and heat treating is a art learned through experience and observation and NOT computerized bs that ruins more than it helps. Each and every pocket is slightly differing composition and must be treated slightly differently hotter/cooler/longer/shorter/retreated etc etc. Sometimes autoclvical treatment or even plasma now.. John
For sure john... I was just thinking what would have made a good show for the tv viewers ...

Certainly that would have boosted the ratings ! Loosing a guy on the first show too a mine!,

Themistoclez

Mar 23, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This show is SO FAKE

I highly doubt he cuts or heats the stones by hand. Computerized machines do that so much better and faster. Wonder what other BS is on the show?

Actually Most are heat treated by hand. BUT Yea this show is sooooooo FAKE. He had a huuuge pile of rubies to CUT and HEAT treat, and they leave and comeback in what i cant remember a couple days or something, HAHAHA, to cut and heat treat that many rubies... rofl... wouldve taken him a year. You cant just heat treat them all at once... The big pile of rubies he reveals, which im sure lots of people would be like "omg look what they turned into!", were actually just a bunch of synthetics... rofl..

The land mine sign in the middle of the jungle?? in english????????? hahahahahah, thats just hilariously awesome.
The mysterious competitor going to "buy the mine", rofl to get through all the red tape there would take months.
$30,000 per kilo for colorless beryl???? YEA RIGHT... At the mine would cost maybe $400-600 per kilo.

Its just sad what discovery has turned into. Hopefully this show gets scrapped instantly.

Gem hunt is such a better show, it has some little problems, but it is actually real... And Ron Leblanc IMO is a very entertaining character to watch.

Edit - But yes mines are VERY real and millions were laid and lots of people die every year from them. But obviously they created that scene. LoL, im sure someone blowing up in the first episode wouldve boosted some ratings.

Last edited:

DesertNuggets

Mar 29, 2011
Tucson, AZ
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Love the real disclaimer. Show is so fake or highly scripted/setup.

Discovery has gone downhill..

DesertNuggets

Mar 29, 2011
Tucson, AZ
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Actually Most are heat treated by hand. BUT Yea this show is sooooooo FAKE. He had a huuuge pile of rubies to CUT and HEAT treat, and they leave and comeback in what i cant remember a couple days or something, HAHAHA, to cut and heat treat that many rubies... rofl... wouldve taken him a year. You cant just heat treat them all at once... The big pile of rubies he reveals, which im sure lots of people would be like "omg look what they turned into!", were actually just a bunch of synthetics... rofl..

The land mine sign in the middle of the jungle?? in english????????? hahahahahah, thats just hilariously awesome.
The mysterious competitor going to "buy the mine", rofl to get through all the red tape there would take months.
$30,000 per kilo for colorless beryl???? YEA RIGHT... At the mine would cost maybe $400-600 per kilo.

Its just sad what discovery has turned into. Hopefully this show gets scrapped instantly.

Gem hunt is such a better show, it has some little problems, but it is actually real... And Ron Leblanc IMO is a very entertaining character to watch.

Edit - But yes mines are VERY real and millions were laid and lots of people die every year from them. But obviously they created that scene. LoL, im sure someone blowing up in the first episode wouldve boosted some ratings.

I agree. I love Gem Hunt. I'm really loving Travel Channel lately.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I enjoyed Ron LeBlanc and Diane in the Travel Channel Show. Seeing
as how Discovery Networks owns Travel Channel too, Ron's show
most likely became the foundation for the new show on Discovery.

The show is intended to be an adventure into foreign lands for the purpose
of getting a stone (or stones), and I think the guys on the Discovery show
pull it off pretty good. There's little interpersonal drama going on, and in
the end they do their best to obtain the gems they were after.

It's a TV show, so rather than put every move under a microscope, I'd
rather to just sit back and enjoy it for what it is. I preferred Ron LeBlanc's
approach to things, and hopefully we'll see him out there again in another
show.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amen Russ-enjoy as life is tooooooooooooooo short for all the mama drama. How many of us will EVER go to any of the places they've been to,experienced the heat,diseases,critters(are they fake too) and all that's involved in a REAL adventure-so easy to pontificate and condemn from the ol'easy chair in a air conditioned house......John

Rdg Sluicer

Dec 11, 2012
Redding, Ca
Detector(s) used
BGT Prospector

BGT Super Mini

Angus MacKirk Explorer

South Yuba Mining Highbanker
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I like watching it to see all the cool places they go. Of course they make up some drama it is TV.

Teenagegoldminer

Jan 28, 2014
georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett gold panning kit
Jobe 36 in drop riffle sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
why cant people just enjoy a show without going off about how fake it is

it it was real it wouldn't be entertaining

Notsuredomus

Aug 12, 2012
Classic Hill Mine, Siskiyou County
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
Whites GMT
Garret ProPointer
Bazooka Gold Trap Super Prospector
Fossicker Production Pan
Proline 3in Dredge/Highbanker Combo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gratuitous nudity always helps ratings as well. Even when the story and actors are talent-less hacks. Which the #1 TV show in its day Baywatch will verify

Notsuredomus

Aug 12, 2012
Classic Hill Mine, Siskiyou County
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
Whites GMT
Garret ProPointer
Bazooka Gold Trap Super Prospector
Fossicker Production Pan
Proline 3in Dredge/Highbanker Combo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True reality TV idea

If you want true reality TV you will be watching things like me making a PB&J sandwich while my dog craps on my living room rug.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread