Are yoiu superstitious?

MinerFortyNiner1952

Nov 18, 2013
San Jose, California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Are you superstitious?

Do you have a pattern of what you do before you embark on a successful prospecting trip? We ALWAYS go to MacDonald's for a breakfast sandwich and a vanilla iced coffee. Just love those iced coffees. However, this last time out, we decided to make a homemade breakfast and drink brewed coffee instead and we were rewarded with our biggest cleanup to date. I know this is a little silly but even sports athletes have things they do and don't do before each competition.

So, should we eat at home or go to MacDonald's and test the gold gods?

I love vanilla iced coffee but awesome cleanups rule. But I love iced coffee.

Ok this is silly. . .

Last edited:
Upvote 0

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would think with some Vanilla flavoring you could make that iced coffee at home. Me, just before I hike in I always offer up a prayer for my safety and for the safety of those I know and love, seems to be working. Best of success with those choices!.................63bkpkr

loco oro

Aug 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ah,see now you gone and done it! now your going to have to make it at home AND stop by mcd's,otherwise you might as well stay home!lol.

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lmao - Your story reminds me of an early mining partner I had. When arriving on a new gravel bar, he would go into complex Numerology ritual that I didn't pretend to understand. After marching up and down and across the bar, he would point down to a spot and announce "THIS IS IT, THE MOTHERLODE" - never
worked, but highly entertaining !!

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I pan from left to right and then right to left........

DynoGuy

Nov 10, 2013
Statesville, NC
Detector(s) used
Sluices: Bazooka 30" Prospector, Bazooka Super Mini and a folding A52 clone. Homemade 12" x 24" Miller table.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm not superstitious I'm just stupid!!!!!:tongue3:

calnatv

Mar 19, 2011
I flicked a silver dime in the creek each time I would start dredging for the day, with the words" My present to you for giving up your riches" Even had a few show up in my sluice box from previous years.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
only "stuperstition" I have that I can think of at the moment is I hate to hunt the same location 2 days in a row.

But I can easily be swayed to break that rule if the site is a major treasure in it's own right, and I'm pulling up keepers from close to every dig I make there.

or time I will be allowed to hunt there is limited for some reason
like Construction, or limited permit.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think I have ever Not stopped at McD's for breakfest on way up...usually in Colfax :icon_thumleft:

with me it's KFC in Pottsville :laughing7: If I hunt anywhere that I need to, or Can swing through Pottsville after. KFC is a must.

I have an addiction to KFC chicken legs & Thighs

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread