Always Exploring Always Sampling..

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well been sampling a lot of different places. Been having a blast trying to get lost in the woods. I got two different areas I intend to work. I figure I will alternate between digs.. Both show promise but only time will tell.

This is a nice area. Definitely has some possibilities. I just love seeing that gritty mercury in my pan..

I will admit I have frequent this place. I have yet to see the end of this mine. it seems to go for a bit. Gentlemen Please you common sense when considering entering a mine.(Common sense usually say not a good Idea. Stay Out). Anyway the gold in the pan was about half a bucket of unclassified material.

This is another mine that seems to go forever I have been in a few time and it's definitely pretty awesome. Well this some of what I been up too.
I hope everyone is on some good color....

Upvote 0

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Brother you need to get a detector over those old channels. They are some goodies in all that ancient gravel.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well been sampling a lot of different places. Been having a blast trying to get lost in the woods. I got two different areas I intend to work. I figure I will alternate between digs.. Both show promise but only time will tell.

This is a nice area. Definitely has some possibilities. I just love seeing that gritty mercury in my pan..

I will admit I have frequent this place. I have yet to see the end of this mine. it seems to go for a bit. Gentlemen Please you common sense when considering entering a mine.(Common sense usually say not a good Idea. Stay Out). Anyway the gold in the pan was about half a bucket of unclassified material.

This is another mine that seems to go forever I have been in a few time and it's definitely pretty awesome. Well this some of what I been up too.
I hope everyone is on some good color....

Sweet.......

calgeologist

Oct 31, 2011
Austin, TX and Motherlode
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just a heads up. The majority of what is shown in these videos is claimed. I assume you checked all this information out, but there is very little if any of the land in this area that is open to prospect. I know this as a local and one who knows some of the claim owners whose claims are shown.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks calgeologist.

It's time we all started taking our responsibility to know the status of the lands we prospect seriously. I too know some of those claim owners. I've been holding back from posting anything regarding this thread because I really don't want to assume the role of a net nanny.

The solution to this all too common problem is not to stop exploring and sharing but to gain some respect for our fellow miners. There is good prospectable open land near these claims. Do the research and prosper. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
M

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Awesome world we live in these days.. Seems a man can't piss without it being in another's mans pot. I really care not! Anyway all to common for people to know where I am . All to common for people to assume. Anyway prospecting is not my only love.. I enjoy history and trail exploration. Gentlemen some of you may be aware the Canyon Creek Trail head is on private property. I have spent some time trying to locate a new way to Canyon Creek that does not go thru Private property. I have found 2 different ways to get to Canyon creek that are both acessable from public lands.. Anyway I have an absolute love for the NF American River and its surrounding area. I have recently been considering putting a trail guide to the NF American River that will put Ron Goulds NF TRAIL BOOK book to Shame!! Anyway... Just keep Assuming and assuming!!! The plain fact is you just don't freaking know!!! You just ASSUME and ACCUSE. Really no skin off my back... I guess it gives somebody something to do.. I am flattered!!! Really I am!! Makes my life seems less pathetic!! At least I have one!!

Back in the 1930's Byron Emrick is believed to have built this old cabin.. he was a miner of the area.. Gotta love the History..

Gentlemen happy hunting!! Whether it be Vicariously thru someone else or actually doing it yourself!!!

AU_Solitude

Feb 24, 2014
Vacaville CA
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, GBII, Geo Picks & Hammers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Are those mines near the Indiana Ravine cabin? They look absolutely enormous from your video.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
All of Canyon Creek, but about 600 feet next to the freeway, is on private land. The Number Two mine is on a mineral claim. Public information, not a secret.

I am sorry you don't care Victor. It makes me sad to see miners disrespecting one another. :sadsmiley:

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I suppose it would be easy for me to take offense.. But truthfully it's all to common for people to jump to conclusions. It is not uncommon to walk thru other mining claims to get to other places nor is it illegal. Pickering Bar Trail head is on public lands this trail head has multiple different trails . Trails that lead to Tommy Cain Ravine ,Fords bar, Canyon Creek, The NF American River .. An absolute maze of trails really. You assume since I make my way thru these areas I am High grading as I go. Think what you want..
North Fork of the American River: The Quintessential Ford of Canyon Creek
Read it!!!

here is a view of an old ditch high above canyon Creek and the NF American River.. This Trail/ditch can be taken all the way to Canyon Creek waterfall. From Pickering bar trail head to Canyon Creek waterfall its about 45 minute walk using this trail. Actually this is the best trail not just for its awesome views but the majority of the trail is level with only maybe 500 foot elevation change. A nice hike for sure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread