2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
take a bit of time this week and write your reps, crunch time is soon to be here
my HO if everyone here took the time to write LATIMES, it may have a good outcome
maybe barking up the wrong tree

Fish Not Gold
some of what is being said
Myth: People opposed to suction dredge mining have an agenda.
Truth: Miners frequently complain that anybody opposed to them is against 'freedom' and 'liberty'. In fact, miners in Washington state have greater freedom than do fishermen, who in many streams are banned from fishing due to concern over ESA-listed species and habitat degradation. If a stream is too sensitive to allow fishing, then it's too sensitive to allow mining, even during so-called 'work windows'. The millions of taxpayer dollars that have been spent to restore fisheries are slowly being wasted through the cumulative negative impact of unrestricted mining..
Myth: Miners have a 'right' to mine because of the General Mining Act of 1872.
Truth: Mining is not a right, it's a privilege and it's one that's being systematically abused. The General Mining Act of 1872 was signed by president Ulysses S. Grant as a means to encourage development in the sparsely-settled west. Times have changed in the nearly century and a half since then as has our understanding of the adverse impacts of mining. The courts have determined that the 1872 Mining Act is not absolute and that it's provisions can be subordinated by environmental laws and regulations. For example, Washington state has opted to administer the Clean Water Act. Through that authority, it can and shall regulate hobby mining, modifying the provisions of the 1872 Mining Act with its own rules and regulations.

Upvote 0

mendoAu

Apr 23, 2014
SW Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Bonaro, The flaw that I see in your advice is that if opposed views are not posted on these sites then they win. As for falling into heated arguments...don't fall for it. Take time to formulate your thoughts and address their points in a method that may just sway those that read the posts. I've spent many hours on several sites and have actually had good response from some of the members that slowly changed their minds based on further debating. Google FishNotGold and you will see the fly fishing site listed and if no one posted opposing view points they could go about their merry way. And the only "dirt" they will find on me is that darn red clay that stains the knees of my jeans..Ha!

Last edited:

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Bonaro, The flaw that I see in your advice is that if opposed views are not posted on these sites then they win. As for falling into heated arguments...don't fall for it. Take time to formulate your thoughts and address their points in a method that may just sway those that read the posts. I've spent many hours on several sites and have actually had good response from some of the members that slowly changed their minds based on further debating. Google FishNotGold and you will see the fly fishing site listed and if no one posted opposing view points they could go about their merry way. And the only "dirt" they will find on me is that darn red clay that stains the knees of my jeans..Ha!

I have been to the site you mention....I posted there too
These people are trained and paid to argue. There is no fact or report you can show them that will change their position because they do not want to change. Since there is no productive end to rebutting their propaganda, Why not apply your energy toward something that will actually make a difference?
Call and write your legislator, senator and congressman then do it again. get involved and support others who are involved with your time and money.
Dont argue with drunks and fools

OP
OP
2cmorau

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i beleive it's important for us to respond, so that others uninformed outdoors people begin to see a trend with the greencommie movement
snow mobiles are now underattack in the Tahoe National forest, who is next Mountain Bikers, these outdoor nuts think there impervise to the reckless extreme enviornuts, but guess what, them there bicycle paddelin fuls kick up dust, and what was that report done not long ago by TSF http://reclaimingthesierra.org/wp-c...Fish-and-Dust-Monohan-Final-Nevada-County.pdf <--best make a hard copy
protest on the street as the wackos do, minis the burning of cars, broken storefronts of innocent merchants, hand out one page informative flyers at the grocery store or at them ever lovin green supremacy conference they be holden for the public
aagin i offer up my claim located on HWY 49 for a dredge sit-in

KRIKITTS

Sep 19, 2014
STATE OF JEFFERSON
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Got this email yesterday.

HERE'S A CHANCE TO DO SOMETHING ...

You may or may not have seen news about the Sierra Fund's "Reclaiming the Sierra" conference coming up, but certainly you have not missed Sierra Fund's blistering success at legalized claim jumping on the taxpayer dime.

StreamSavers would like to send a representative to their upcoming conference and since we are still in start-up mode financially, we are asking for donations to defray the cost of the event by those who could reap some benefit by our attendance. Fuel for one way has already been pledged, so we will need funds to go toward the return trip, $300 registration fee and the room, which is probably around $70-100 per night.

Can you or your organization pitch in a few bucks to help send someone on our side? We promise to share what we learn because we firmly believe that resources are more powerful and effective when shared among teammates.

Best regards,
Karen Darnell
President

[email protected]

StreamSavers.Org

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the more people involved the more fighting over limited resourses , I can't believe people think they have rights over something they do not own. Where did that idea come from?

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
the more people involved the more fighting over limited resourses , I can't believe people think they have rights over something they do not own. Where did that idea come from?

The idea came when they figured out they could make a buck doing it, then they figured out if they could outlaw the other user groups they would get all the bucks.

Cleaning up after yourself and picking up your area is and should remain part and parcel of your activities. Not an exclusive paid extra. No different than washing the dishes and taking out the trash is after dinner. I relate this to paying kids to do the dishes instead of teaching them that it's just another step in the process and a necessity for good health and proper sanitation.

How have we gotten to the point where we let them outlaw us and then decide it's ok to pay them to take over we left off?

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
How have we gotten to the point where we let them outlaw us and then decide it's ok to pay them to take over we left off?[/QUOTE] We did this to ourselves! most of us don't bother to get involved! they want someone to do it for us , and then grip/pzz and moan if something don't go as they wanted it to go! TELL THEM , GET UP! GET INVOLVED OR SHUT UP! if your not helping , your helping the wacoenviromentalists get their way! fowledup im NOT referring to you!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread