Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Found some placer gold in ohio...NEED advice

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

May 2014
    8 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    quite an old thread not sure if theyll reply, but im in austintown and been prospecting here a few years and have pulled some decent gold out of the creeks in mahoning and columbiana counties. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0180.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	1.89 MB 
ID:	1491171
    Jimmydolittle likes this.

us
    Joe

Jul 2014
    Medina
    199 times
    Quote Originally Posted by blichney View Post
    quite an old thread not sure if theyll reply, but im in austintown and been prospecting here a few years and have pulled some decent gold out of the creeks in mahoning and columbiana counties. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0180.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	1.89 MB 
ID:	1491171
    Great job, Gold is where you fine it. I've found gold in Medina, Ashland, Stark, Lorain. Everywhere Glaciers left deposits. Have fun enjoy it. Don't become a tool like a lot of other ohio prospecters. Some strange one out there.

May 2014
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Medina Joe View Post
    Great job, Gold is where you fine it. I've found gold in Medina, Ashland, Stark, Lorain. Everywhere Glaciers left deposits. Have fun enjoy it. Don't become a tool like a lot of other ohio prospecters. Some strange one out there.
    thanks joe. ya sometimes it makes no sense where ya find it, the pan in the pic was the first 2 ft of overburden then i dredged 3 more feet down to orange rusty bedrock and barely nothin! been meaning to try up north in lake county. know any dredge friendly areas?

Aug 2017
    S.W Ohio
    10 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by blichney View Post
    thanks joe. ya sometimes it makes no sense where ya find it, the pan in the pic was the first 2 ft of overburden then i dredged 3 more feet down to orange rusty bedrock and barely nothin! been meaning to try up north in lake county. know any dredge friendly areas?
    Right!
    I have been on this small creek close to where I live and sampled many places. Granted I'm new to prospecting but I was getting 2 to 7 specks every outing (gravel bars, grass patches) but then I stuck my shovel into the top of a bank with nothing but compact dirt/clay and BAM! 7 colors in one pan. Set up my sluice and ran 2 buckets and got 130 pieces.
    Dude on YouTube called Luke ohio gold gave me the tip and it payed off. Cannot wait to sample the back end of this bank to see if this thing continues.

us
    Joe

Jul 2014
    Medina
    199 times
    Blichney, not that I know of. I would like to hit up Lake county as well. My best day ever was 1/4 gram of gold. I might buy a Piglet next year will see. It's my son first year hunting so we have been out Dove,Squirrel hunting, Deer is in a few week. I'm not out to offend any Colorado urban sissy boys. I eat what I kill.....

Nov 2017
    How often do u go down to the creek and dig my in laws lives just a few blocks from Here

May 2014
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Newbiedigger View Post
    How often do u go down to the creek and dig my in laws lives just a few blocks from Here
    in the summer i try to go as much as possible. usually every other weekend here and a few trips south to swank and bills in between.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links