A scientific reason for "gold fever".

Gold Rover

Feb 19, 2014
Western Colorado
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Since I'm a neophyte to the prospecting life, I find that I can contribute little to the forum that is worthwhile or noteworthy. However, I came across this bit of history and "science" information that may help explain our visceral reaction to seeking and finding gold. Gold mining is in our DNA.

You see, according to some ancient Sumerian texts, 430,000 and some odd years ago aliens, the Anunnaki, landed in the Persian Gulf in order to loot Earth's gold. They needed it for some such stuff that was important to them. They proceeded to mine away at our gold resources for a couple of hundred thousand years until the poor alien schmucks who were charged with mining it said "Enough!! Gold mining is too hard. We quit." and went on perhaps the first labor strike on the planet.

Of course, the evil alien overlords (probably management in the first evil corporation on the planet) said "Well fix that." and instructed their medically adept minions to produce a hybrid "worker bee" of sorts. They fiddled about with splicing the genes from different animals and Homo Erectus, but with disappointing results, so they winged it and spliced up the caveman's genes to their own. Presto, Homo Sapiens were created and they grabbed their picks and shovels and went to work.

The mining was evidently pretty good, because they came to the conclusion that their labor force really needed to be increased. But the hybridized worker bees that were our ancestors were sterile, and since the management couldn't just send someone to the town saloons to look for more miners, they had to do some more fiddling to allow our species to procreate.

While at first that may appeared to have been a grand idea, it ended up the way many things do that involve a lot of people, FUBAR. Let's just say the story from there involves steamy inter-species sex, exodus, and floods and the Anunakki bugging out to leave us to our own devices.

So there you have it, a highly scientific reason for our "gold fever". Prospecting for gold is what we were made for.

Upvote 0

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally someone figured it out

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Put down the bottle--bong--or mirror and back away slowly so as to not get hurt......:headbang: need and greed make ya do the deed and forsake all others-John

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
or however you spell it in french

Wishbone

Jan 5, 2014
BC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for confirming your delirium Gold Rover, how many guesses do we get (on what caused it) besides drugs...lol?
issss, heat stroke it??

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
I think i'll take the less elaborate route and think a mild case of greed = gold fever.Once you reach Fred C.Dobbs plateau then you have it hardcore:laughing7:

OP
OP
Gold Rover

Gold Rover

Feb 19, 2014
Western Colorado
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for confirming your delirium Gold Rover, how many guesses do we get (on what caused it) besides drugs...lol?
issss, heat stroke it??
I first heard about it on TV on one of those "Ancient Alien" shows and then went to the interwebz and found this:PLANET X, NIBIRU, ANCIENT ASTRONAUTS, NASA, MARS, EARTH

From this info I extrapolated the "gold fever" theory myself. I've always had a knack for science.

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It all makes sense now! Area 51 being a secret and heavily guarded and fort Knox being empty but still heavily guarded. Aliens came to area 51 worked out a deal they help the government make planes and weapons in exchange for gold.

Boys the government gave our money to more illegal aliens. This time they are from outer space.

Since I leaked this information I am going to go chill with snowden. The NSA is most likely relaying my personal info to the FBI. Everyone share the information to all! They can't assassinate all of us they'll just go for the messenger! Know if you excuse me I have a plane ticket to book.

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hmmmm...and this looks very suspicious. Talk about flaunting it!

ufo.jpg

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I can't tell the difference between Gold Fever and my ADHD........

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sounds like as good a reason as any!

GoldenMojo:
I can't tell the difference between Gold Fever and my ADHD........

Once you got Gold Fever, and decided you liked having it, the ADHD
takes over. The ADHD gets excited, and then musters up the bodies
energy, driving you on even harder to find that yellow metal.

ADHD is not a curse, but a blessing!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread