Bubbas BIG DIG

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Bubba's BIG DIG

For anyone wanting the opportunity to dig on a good claim with coarse gold on Rich Hill you won't want to miss Bubba's BIG DIG this coming weekend.

Good Gold, Easy Access and FREE.

When?
March 21 - 23 Friday thru Sunday.

Where?
On Rich Hill and Antelope Creek just North of Stanton.

How?
Just let Bubba know you are coming, how many people and how many days you want to dig.

How Much?
FREE (Really it's free)

Who the heck is Bubba?
Bubba is cool. Bubba is a fifth generation miner who's family has been mining the Congress/Rich Hill area since your great grandma was in diapers. Bubba has got some great claims and has decided to share one of his best with anyone who will go to the trouble of telling him they are coming.

Bubba is so cool that if you want to share in his common dig he will provide the tools and the water. Just tell him when you are coming and how many will be there and you can have a share of the common dig gold.

Bubba is so cool that if you like to prospect on your own he will let you bring your own tools and let you keep any gold you find. Just let him know when you will be there and how many people for how long.

Folks this is a rare opportunity to mine with the big boys for one three day weekend only. This area is known for big gold. If you like getting fly specks on your weekend jaunts you won't want to work Bubba's claim. Big Nuggets have been found here and even the smaller gold is coarse and crystalline.

The claim has easy road access for two wheel drive street cars. There is limited but good camping on the claim and plenty more close by. Bubba has arranged to have enough water for the common dig. You will need to bring your own water if you bring your own recirculating system.

There is a chunk of the famous Rich Hill on the claim. There is a nice stretch of Antelope Creek on the claim. There will be an evening cookout but you will need to bring your own food and beverages.

Go here for a map to the claim and instructions on how to contact Bubba to let him know you are coming.

I talked to Bubba today and he might consider doing this with some of his other claims in the future if this BIG DIG works out.

Be nice to Bubba. Let him know you are coming. Don't make a mess of his claim. Maybe offer to help him break down and clean up? Don't get drunk and fight his dog (you will lose). Fill your holes. Haul out your trash. It might be a good idea to introduce yourself and say "Thank you Bubba for being so cool!"

Bubba's giving away gold. Let's make this work. Come enjoy and leave with gold and great memories OK?

Yep... it's really free. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Clay Diggins

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I see you out there SLnugget. Are you and Chris coming up for the dig?

Ruby and I have several stops up there this weekend so we will be visiting the BIG DIG between meet ups with others. Probably camp at Decision Corner Friday night. Let me know maybe we can throw some dirt together?

IMPDLN

Mar 18, 2014
Central Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2100 V-2, Gold Bug SE, SDC2300, GPX4500
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's certainly a good area up there. Should be a good time had by all. I work weekends so never make these outings, however I ain't complaining as I do my prospecting when it is quiet out in the middle of the week, lol. Dennis

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We keep missing each other AzViper. I put it up as soon as Bubba decided to pull the trigger. Maybe next time?

Clay I had already made arrangements to go see my brother in Lake Havasu. Taking the drywasher with me and maybe get out on some private land up in the foothills at the base of the mountain above Lake Havasu if the soil is dry enough.

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
one of those"Damn the torpedos" moments load up the truck have fun, congrats on all that can make it, Invite to my claim requires a PLP card, not the orange one
Gravelwasher nice job on your outing

weighit

Feb 17, 2007
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2
Wow this would have been a great way to learn the ropes from those that know what they are doing. I wish I had found this offer sooner so I could have attended. What a great off to allow the folks to hunt. I will watch the out come of this event and hope next time(if there is a next time) I can arrange to go. Reading all the post on gold hunting is one thing, actually getting your hands dirty and seeing how it is really done is another. Hope everyone has a great time and finds what they went there for. Make sure those that go post the results and pictures too.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey! What's 730 miles for free gold and good friends. If you get enough gold you may not want to make the trip back. :laughing7:

Clay Diggins Thanks for the encouragement. I don't think I can liquidate all my worldy belongings by Friday night. If I ever step foot outside of California again I might be tempted to never return.....

weighit

Feb 17, 2007
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
Well I expected to see a glowing report on how everyone did?? So far nothing. Did anyone go and what did ya find?

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OP
OP
Clay Diggins

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I stopped by Saturday morning for a few minutes. There were quite a few people there and I heard gold was already found on the common dig. Others were detecting and the trommel was set up at the well and had been run.

I was on the other side of the mountain for the rest of the day. I'd be interested to hear a report too.

Notsuredomus

Aug 12, 2012
Classic Hill Mine, Siskiyou County
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
Whites GMT
Garret ProPointer
Bazooka Gold Trap Super Prospector
Fossicker Production Pan
Proline 3in Dredge/Highbanker Combo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish I could go but I have promised to caretake this property until spring at least. Plus I have 5 dogs a lot of equipment and a very small compact car lol. Last april when I came here I had a Kick-A$$ Toyota 4X4 with new 31in. Snow and Mud tires that never got stuck. I broke trail mid winter over a foot of snow on the ground, 16mi. down a rarely used in the summer dirt road from the property I was working on. I loved that truck but alas I rolled it and a big travel trailer on the I-5 freeway awhile back. Damn trailer was to heavy and my truck was to light. I started bouncing after I hit a dip in the road and next thing I new my trailer was trying to pass me. I blocked off all 5 lanes of the freeway. Me my 5 dogs and 2 hitch hikers I had picked up 1 mile before lol. I got 300 scrap for the truck. The towing cost me almost a thousand. I paid 840 dollars for those tires 5 months earlier. When I leave here I will either have to have a bigger vehicle or I will be making 5 or 6 trips. I am hoping to have my motorhome repaired in the next couple months. But we will see. Damn I wish I could go it sounds like a blast and this Bubba guy sounds like a real character. He would be fun to hang out with.

Bejay

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Central Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Garret fully underwater
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I ran into someone from there when I came in from my claim the next day. The last conversation was that 8 small pickers came out from under the huge rock perched up on the bedrock ledge. Understandable they were not large pickers because the huge boulder was perched up out of the main channel. Still makes for a fun day of "lets see what might be under that monster". Not sure what else was found by others.

If he has another open dig I highly recommend the spot for some overnight camping...it is a great location and has a well. So water is available and superb camp spots. Just be conscious of the 1st 30 ft of steep rocky road going in. No big rigs will likely do the drop into the perfect spot. As even Clay Diggings parked up on the main road for his short stay; with his 2 wheel drive camper van.

Bejay

Last edited:

weighit

Feb 17, 2007
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
No big rigs will likely do the drop into the perfect spot. As even Clay Diggings parked up on the main road for his short stay; with his 2 wheel drive camper van.
Bejay

Do you know of any campground close by to the spot everyone was hunting in? I have a pretty big rig and would rather park in a campground and drive to the site and then drive back after hunting.

Bejay

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Central Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Garret fully underwater
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No campgrounds...just open desert between Congress and the claim. Some pull off the unimproved road and dry camp with big RV's. Then you would be about 3 miles from the spot....if and when Bubba has another one. All the area is claimed up so there is not any open ground. I would suggest getting the Footprints claim mapping computer program for Rich Hill if you want to check things out. There are also some major club claims in the area. Clay Diggings may be able to give you some updates on the open digs that may be coming up.

Bejay

OP
OP
Clay Diggins

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you can dry camp that "big rig" there are plenty of spots around decision corner or on the flat on Stanton road. If you want hookups there are a few spots open at the Arrowhead right now.

I visited with Bubba yesterday afternoon. He'd just gotten in from drywashing. He showed me pics of a bottle of "about 25" pickers and some fines and a pic of three pickers covering a dime from the outing. He said he would send me the pics but I'm thinking Bubba is better with a pick and shovel than he is with computers. It might be awhile. When I get the pics I'll post them here.

Bubba enjoyed sharing his claim and said he would like to do it again. He said to thank everyone who did come out. He just submerged his jeep in fifteen foot of water in the Hassayampa this week. Hydrolocked the engine and blew the pistons out the sides of the block. :sadsmiley: Next week he plans to be at the ICMJ Mining Summit in California. Bubba is sorta kinda busy like a cat on a hot tin roof busy. He figures he might have time for another free outing this year but it will probably be May before that happens. He will let me know when he's got some time and I'll pass that on here as soon as I know a date. :thumbsup:

delnorter

Oct 28, 2008
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the update Clay. Sounds like Bubba enjoyed having folks come to his claim and found some good gold to boot.

Mike

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
For anyone wanting the opportunity to dig on a good claim with coarse gold on Rich Hill you won't want to miss Bubba's BIG DIG this coming weekend.

Good Gold, Easy Access and FREE.

When?
March 21 - 23 Friday thru Sunday.

Where?
On Rich Hill and Antelope Creek just North of Stanton.

How?
Just let Bubba know you are coming, how many people and how many days you want to dig.

How Much?
FREE (Really it's free)

Who the heck is Bubba?
Bubba is cool. Bubba is a fifth generation miner who's family has been mining the Congress/Rich Hill area since your great grandma was in diapers. Bubba has got some great claims and has decided to share one of his best with anyone who will go to the trouble of telling him they are coming.

Bubba is so cool that if you want to share in his common dig he will provide the tools and the water. Just tell him when you are coming and how many will be there and you can have a share of the common dig gold.

Bubba is so cool that if you like to prospect on your own he will let you bring your own tools and let you keep any gold you find. Just let him know when you will be there and how many people for how long.

Folks this is a rare opportunity to mine with the big boys for one three day weekend only. This area is known for big gold. If you like getting fly specks on your weekend jaunts you won't want to work Bubba's claim. Big Nuggets have been found here and even the smaller gold is coarse and crystalline.

The claim has easy road access for two wheel drive street cars. There is limited but good camping on the claim and plenty more close by. Bubba has arranged to have enough water for the common dig. You will need to bring your own water if you bring your own recirculating system.

There is a chunk of the famous Rich Hill on the claim. There is a nice stretch of Antelope Creek on the claim. There will be an evening cookout but you will need to bring your own food and beverages.

Go here for a map to the claim and instructions on how to contact Bubba to let him know you are coming.

I talked to Bubba today and he might consider doing this with some of his other claims in the future if this BIG DIG works out.

Be nice to Bubba. Let him know you are coming. Don't make a mess of his claim. Maybe offer to help him break down and clean up? Don't get drunk and fight his dog (you will lose). Fill your holes. Haul out your trash. It might be a good idea to introduce yourself and say "Thank you Bubba for being so cool!"

Bubba's giving away gold. Let's make this work. Come enjoy and leave with gold and great memories OK?

Yep... it's really free. :thumbsup:

A kind proffer from Bubba :icon_thumright: .

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Clay Diggins Thanks for the encouragement. I don't think I can liquidate all my worldy belongings by Friday night. If I ever step foot outside of California again I might be tempted to never return.....

LOL... ya mean like I did 8 years ago? That was a hard decision for me to come to but I've never regretted making it. Now don't get me wrong, California is a great area, has good gold and some great people. It was the political climate that drove me out. I don't do stupidity.......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread