Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Upvote 0

panningjack

Apr 16, 2013
Nampa, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 3
I sure wouldn't buy one. Too expensive! I can buy a piece of rough top conveyor belt, known as vortex mat (the same stuff in the gold cube) 24"x72" for $58. Bend up a sluice box or use your current box and slip the belt in. You'd have the same gold capturing ability as a cube for a fraction of the price.
Now if you're really never going to use the stuff you plan on trading and it's not worth much do it. Otherwise throw the stuff on craigslist and use the money made to make a finish sluice

OP
OP
F

Frghtshkr

Apr 23, 2013
Gilbert AZ
Detector(s) used
Gold Cube, Royal Mini Highbanker, Angus Mackirk sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks Jack !

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Need some advice please.
I have a a Royal mini highbanker now but have a chance to trade some crap that I am never going to use for a slightly used Gold Cube.
Should I? Isn't a Gold Cube basically highbanker?
Thanks

I wouldn't hesitate for a second...the Gold Cube is a gold getter of the highest order!

Jack, I've run vortex matting in my sluice, and it will miss gold that
the Cube will save. Vortex matting is great stuff, but the Gold Cube
is a carefully engineered piece of kit, and it will grab that micro gold that
a sluice might pass through. For my prospecting needs the Cube the best thing
since the invention of the gold pan.

Frghtshkr..what model are you running? My last was a Freightliner
Classic with a Pete sleeper. Loved that 3406E @ 550hp and the
18 Double O behind it.:laughing7:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The engineering behind the waterfalls and under flow zones at the top/bottom of each tray make the gold cube much more than a sluice with vortex in it. Much more!

Great piece of gear for field work or finish :)

OP
OP
F

Frghtshkr

Apr 23, 2013
Gilbert AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
DD I don't drive any more I actually am a broker now. But when I did It was for FedEx and we drove the Freight Liners at the time. I was lucky to be home every night. I appreciate you and Kevin's feedback being new at this I thought it was a good deal.

Its only a 3 stacker but has the pump and hose and stand I want to use it run my cons after the high banker to try and catch the fines. Do you think this is a good idea?

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
DD I don't drive any more I actually am a broker now. But when I did It was
for FedEx and we drove the Freight Liners at the time. I was lucky to be home every night. I appreciate you
and Kevin's feedback being new at this I thought it was a good deal. Its only a 3 stacker but has the pump
and hose and stand I want to use it run my cons after the high banker to try and catch the fines.

Do you think this is a good idea?

Sure do! The GC is a superb concentrator, and if you bring a 5 gal.
bucket full of cons home, it'll take all of a few min. to run that through
the GC. What you'll end up with is about 1/3 a cup full of material to pan
out, and then clean up the small stuff in on a Miller Table or Blue Bowl.

Had to park my last one in Sept. 2000, as what is now my disability
was starting to become a liability on the road. Mostly pulled flatbed
for an outfit out of Sheridan, Wy., but at times hauled cows (dumbest
animals, ever), reefer, and even drug a few sets of triples across ID
and OR (every trip a nail biting nightmare..lol).

Traded it all in on a good wife and an old Toyota 4x4..best deal I ever made..:occasion14:

panningjack

Apr 16, 2013
Nampa, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 3
If the vortex in your finish sluice isn't catching gold that the cube will, then you're not running it right. Want to get the waterfall and under flow zones effect, add a damper to push the material down. Like I said, too expensive. No way I'm spending 300+ when I can make something that performs just as well for far less cash. Learn about gold, play with it like crazy, and practice panning daily. You'll end up with a far better understanding of how to capture fine gold than just throwing money at the gold you're trying to capture.
With that said, you're looking at trading for this cube, and it's your decision to make. If you feel it's worth it, then do it.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Remember that the Gold Cube needs the material screened down!i wouldnt run unscreened cons over it or it wont work correctly,without the Gold Banker attachment NO sluice can work as good or better than the Gold Cube at its "rate of useage" useing screened cons! and i was also of the same oppinion about the cost untill i saw how fast this worked so efficently! i bought one and dont have any second thoughts about it! now if your only doing a bucket or so a year, then maybe this isnt for you. BUT if your a dredger and pile up buckets of cons, you may want to do the trade before it gets away!

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
P.S. i make most of my equipment myself and really like doing so! most people after buying some equipment end up modifing it anyway,so i just do it from the start! but the Gold Cube is something else. GoodGuy built something similar and did a great job(as his skills usually do). i had fabed up something similar about (?) 12 years back ,from Trev Altys initial design of his "boilbox"out of aluminum and had it all jigged up to TIG weld. after doing the math ,i decided it would cost to much for me to weld it up at that time. i scrapped the idea. and now Mike came out with the Gold Cube and everything is history now!i keep forgetting that some people just cant/arent able to do this kinf of fabrication of equipment for one reason or the other. heck i still have a hard time walking a straight line and NOT falling over!:)

OP
OP
F

Frghtshkr

Apr 23, 2013
Gilbert AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Russau Yep that be me LOL! I am going to build my vac though, getting all the pieces together now. I am looking at building some stuff I have a neighbor that can bend metal for me to make a sluice but that will be awhile since I will not be using that much in AZ.

Also looking fro plans for a dry washer but haven't really found any that are detailed enough yet. I will need all the help I could get like part A connects to part B etc;

johnnysau

Apr 23, 2012
Reno NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have a place that you can recover some gold, it will pay for its self over time. My thought.
johnnysau

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread