Jan 11, 2014
modesto,ca
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster IV
Fisher M-97
cheap harbor freight detector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If anyone on here is willing to share there locations in this area for me and a few friends to come to and prospect. whether you know of a small open creek or have a claim and willing to share a small area for us to sluice. i appreciate any info in advanced.
I have tried many times to use blm's website using the lr2000 but have found to be confusing and i dont want to intrude on someones claim without permission.
Im even willing to meet up with someone and work with them.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

Santafe308

Jan 11, 2014
modesto,ca
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster IV
Fisher M-97
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
S

Santafe308

Jan 11, 2014
modesto,ca
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster IV
Fisher M-97
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
is the area you talk of the south fork of the stanislaus river? that is claimed?

OP
OP
S

Santafe308

Jan 11, 2014
modesto,ca
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster IV
Fisher M-97
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
38.085054, -120.189811 google this spot
this is the spot i believe is open downstream for about a mile

QNCrazy

Sep 30, 2013
Motherlode, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
is the area you talk of the south fork of the stanislaus river? that is claimed?

It's hard to tell from the LR2000. It indicates a lode claim in section 33 but doesn't provide quadrant info. Your GPS marks appear to be the right location and yes it looks like about a mile of the South Fork.

usher21

Mar 28, 2014
Modesto, CA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter "the Outback"
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
According to the GPAA claims guide, the area of the river downstream from the bridge, bout a mile, is unclaimed and open to the public. May your pan be yellow! Mark

PS- Monday's are good for me (wink wink nudge nudge)

QNCrazy

Sep 30, 2013
Motherlode, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
According to the GPAA claims guide, the area of the river downstream from the bridge, bout a mile, is unclaimed and open to the public. May your pan be yellow! Mark PS- Monday's are good for me (wink wink nudge nudge)

I'll be there on Monday bright and early.

OP
OP
S

Santafe308

Jan 11, 2014
modesto,ca
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster IV
Fisher M-97
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
for us Friday to Sunday are bout the only time for us each week varies some times Thursday an Sunday

OP
OP
S

Santafe308

Jan 11, 2014
modesto,ca
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster IV
Fisher M-97
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hopefuly one day we can all met up and get that gold

QNCrazy

Sep 30, 2013
Motherlode, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
for us Friday to Sunday are bout the only time for us each week varies some times Thursday an Sunday

My days off are S-Sun. My normal digging partners are tied up on Sarurdays and that is when I usually go out. If this area pans out, pardon the pun, I would like to go out there on a regular basis. There are some other areas along that road I would be willing to hike in to.

OP
OP
S

Santafe308

Jan 11, 2014
modesto,ca
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster IV
Fisher M-97
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it would be good to go and check out hopefully like you say it "pans" out.i have my poop chute sluice and my old hand me down rocker box i need a pump and i can also finish my homemade blue bowl. as well as plenty o shovels and that gold fever. i have a mini generator that will run up to 500 watts and very quite old one. has the real carb on the 2 stroke no weed eater carb.

QNCrazy

Sep 30, 2013
Motherlode, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Here are some pics of my homemade highbanker when it was in production and hand dredge.
Hope this works.

image-2163667892.jpg

image-2293269049.jpg

Here is a video of the highbanker in action. Not real good but you get the idea. Again I hope this works.

MOV_7035.MOV.mov

OP
OP
S

Santafe308

Jan 11, 2014
modesto,ca
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster IV
Fisher M-97
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like some good home ingenuity to me. the video didn't work tho. that hand dredge looks nice.how well dose the short sluice work on the high banker?

QNCrazy

Sep 30, 2013
Motherlode, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
I can't run the material as fast as I would like. I keep a tub at both front and back to catch anything that might slip by. I recently purchased a 10x38 rcm sluice to run at the end of the AM to have a total length about six feet. I only use the HB when my location is close to the road. Otherwise I sluice a lot.

OP
OP
S

Santafe308

Jan 11, 2014
modesto,ca
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster IV
Fisher M-97
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i would say this location would be one of those that might just be a place to bring that. i dont know how the road looks down I-Bar road google street view only goes to the bridge. there may be other spots to park farther down the road but from what i seen there is a small spot before the bridge and a much larger spot once you cross the bridge to the left once you get on I-Bar road.

QNCrazy

Sep 30, 2013
Motherlode, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
I want to test the area first before bringing the HB. But the road is close enough to the water from what I remember.

OP
OP
S

Santafe308

Jan 11, 2014
modesto,ca
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster IV
Fisher M-97
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i dont blame you at all for wanting to test first. i know when i go im bringing more than a pan that's fer sure as lugging dirt out of knights ferry burned me out haha.

OP
OP
S

Santafe308

Jan 11, 2014
modesto,ca
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster IV
Fisher M-97
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sluice.jpeg rocker box.jpeg

OP
OP
S

Santafe308

Jan 11, 2014
modesto,ca
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster IV
Fisher M-97
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
on the rocker box i want too add different matting maybe some gold hog mats.turn it into a high banker.

QNCrazy

Sep 30, 2013
Motherlode, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
I just trashed my old poop shoot sluice but that's how I got started. How long and old is that rocker? Matting would definitely help. I see some potential for a DIY HB. You'll probably have to add some sluice to it.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions