Jan 11, 2014
modesto,ca
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster IV
Fisher M-97
cheap harbor freight detector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If anyone on here is willing to share there locations in this area for me and a few friends to come to and prospect. whether you know of a small open creek or have a claim and willing to share a small area for us to sluice. i appreciate any info in advanced.
I have tried many times to use blm's website using the lr2000 but have found to be confusing and i dont want to intrude on someones claim without permission.
Im even willing to meet up with someone and work with them.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

Santafe308

Jan 11, 2014
modesto,ca
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster IV
Fisher M-97
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i still have to purchase it from the guy it looks like a Keene. he is holding it for me till i have the funds. right now i just have a "poop shoot" sluice makes for slow going but faster than a pan. and this rocker that needs updating to be a high banker but is a lil bi.g sluice.jpeg rocker box.jpeg

OP
OP
S

Santafe308

Jan 11, 2014
modesto,ca
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster IV
Fisher M-97
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KIMG0470.JPG Here is my "black" blue bowl QNCrazy

OP
OP
S

Santafe308

Jan 11, 2014
modesto,ca
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster IV
Fisher M-97
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was a dumpster find it was with a bunch of car parts. i just drilled a hole and glued a pipe at a angle

spillercanyon

Jan 4, 2012
California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey SantaFe,

Saw this on Gold Prospecting Archives - Sonora Central

In addition there are still areas that are open to the public for gold prospecting. One area is the South Fork Stanislaus public area. It is located just downstream of the LDMA mining camp and extends down river for almost a mile, nearly to Five-Mile Creek, where the short bridge is. The river is easily accessible in a couple of spots but there may be campers there. You can sluice, pan, and I believe metal detect here. Another area open to the public for gold panning only (you can only use a gold pan and trowel) is the Knights Ferry Recreation Area, which is managed by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. I have found some flecks of gold here and is a great place to bring the kids. And there is lots of exposed bedrock.

Good luck and have fun!

OP
OP
S

Santafe308

Jan 11, 2014
modesto,ca
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster IV
Fisher M-97
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks spillercanyon ive done alot of panning in knights ferry

spillercanyon

Jan 4, 2012
California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
S. Fork of the Stanislaus has been hit pretty hard over the years but there are still places to find some good color, lots of bedrock to work cracks on. Good and bad, the water levels fluctuate because of releases from Lyons Reservoir, bad because it can catch you off guard, good because they release all summer so there is water to sluice with all summer.

OP
OP
S

Santafe308

Jan 11, 2014
modesto,ca
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster IV
Fisher M-97
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and yeah QNCrazy i have tested it. i just needed a stronger pump at the time of testing i only had a water cooler pump now i have 1/6hp sump pump that i havent tested on it i need more gold bearing material

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions