Prospecting
[h=2]Bring tomatos

Hold the Date: Community Meeting in Quincy, April 3[/h]
trans.gif

[h=3]Informational Meeting on Legacy Mine Impacts in Plumas County
Thursday April 3[SUP]rd[/SUP], 2014
7:00 PM
Plumas-Sierra County Fairgrounds Mineral Building
204 Fairgrounds Road, Quincy, CA 95971[/h]On Thursday April 3[SUP]rd[/SUP], The Sierra Fund will present information to the public about environmental impacts of historic mining in Plumas County.Hold the Date: Community Meeting in Quincy, April 3

Upvote 0

minerrick

Feb 18, 2013
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tar and Feathers would be good too. The SF are the people who are raising the stink about the supposed mercury in the water that hasn't harmed anyone in 150 years. I won't be able to make it, but I get the feeling a few people will show up to see what they have to say.

OP
OP
2cmorau

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
this will most likely get no attention or oppositon, there are no miners in Plumas County

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
I hope somebody video tapes the uncomfortable silence when they cannot answer common sense questions:laughing7:

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks to the WMA editorial staff for the article the ever vigilant FULLPAN

Tar and Feathers would be good too. The SF are the people who are raising the stink about the supposed mercury in the water that hasn't harmed anyone in 150 years. I won't be able to make it, but I get the feeling a few people will show up to see what they have to say.

OP
OP
2cmorau

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
LOL it is amazing to see them squirm in there seats, this was my last one, it was great and only two people favored the frog listing and all others (my head count was around a 100 property owners, loggers, rec outdoor merchants bent over this unnessery listing

I hope somebody video tapes the uncomfortable silence when they cannot answer common sense questions:laughing7:

Attachments

• IMG_0709.JPG
    IMG_0709.JPG
    352.5 KB · Views: 86

minerrick

Feb 18, 2013
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this will most likely get no attention or oppositon, there are no miners in Plumas County

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Plumas County residents kind of like their access to the back country. I've talked to a few people who may show up.

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The "dust" part of their BS reminds me of old newspaper reports, circa late 1800's. The news always reported some slick mine promoters "assays" of the high grade jewelry gold. "Its said that ore running 2,000 dollars per ton" has been discovered at the Jack-hole mine. Well, Dr. Monohan is running this scam in reverse. "Its been found to have 2,000 parts per million over the danger guide folks". What a crock ! The sad part is, the tax-payers are taking it in the shorts this time.

OP
OP
2cmorau

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Minerrick (that was my poor attempt at Sarcasm) since my move to Camptonville it's been a eye opener for me and the many miners whom i met seem not want to be bother, and some that do know hold up the #1 sign also mostly cuz there ops do not involve a dredge, or sb670 was the last straw and don't give hoot anymore, but this dust nonsense may get there attention, so since it is raining i will print out this info head out to the Nugget, Coyoteville, Downieville
good luck to those that attend give em H'LL
I wouldn't be so sure about that. Plumas County residents kind of like their access to the back country. I've talked to a few people who may show up.

OP
OP
2cmorau

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Reclaiming the Sierra » Video of Monday?s Assembly Oversight Hearing on Mercury
ok, maybe i posted a bad link, the impact of this video the zealots if allow to persist will ruin the lives of a lot of people
farm, dairy, cattle, private property heck even the fish industry not just us miners, heck they even mention the Bear River as impaired, folks that means sometime down the road you will not even tbe able to use a shovel, pan, sluice box
right now c-span is airing 2015 funding for the EPA Gina mccarty is a witch, there asking for expansion and more control seasonal creek as well all water private property
[h=2]Hearing on Mercury in State Capitol - Monday, March 24[/h]
trans.gif

The Sierra Fund CEO Elizabeth Martin and Science Director Dr. Carrie Monohan are testifying at the California Assembly Natural Resources Committee oversight hearing "Mercury Contamination: Toxic Legacy of the Gold Rush" on Monday, March 24. The hearing will begin at 1:30 pm in the California State Capitol, Room 447.
The DRAFT agenda for the hearing follows. The agenda is subject to change.

[h=1]Mercury Contamination: Toxic Legacy of the Gold Rush - DRAFT Agenda[/h][h=4]Monday, March 24, 2014, 1:30 p.m. State Capitol, Room 447[/h][h=3]I. Impact on Public Health and the Environment[/h]
  • The Sierra Fund – Carrie Monohan, Science Director
  • California Indian Environmental Alliance – Sherri Norris, Executive Director
  • Habematolel Pomo of Upper Lake – Paula Britton, Environmental Director
  • Elem Indian Colony – Thomas Brown
[h=3]II. Defining the Problem and Effective Solutions[/h]
  • U.S. Geological Survey – Charles Alpers, Research Chemist, California Water Science Center
  • U.C. Davis – Dr. Fraser Shilling, Department of Environmental Science and Policy
[h=3]III. State Government Entities Working on the Issue[/h]Potential speakers:

• State Water Resources Control Board – Vicky Whitney, Deputy Director, Division of Water Quality
  • Department of Toxic Substances Control – Stewart Black, Deputy Director of the Brownfields and Environmental Restoration Program
  • Department of Conservation – Mark Nechodom, Director
[h=3]IV. New Ways of Addressing the Issue and Next Steps[/h]
  • Sierra Nevada Conservancy – Joan Keegan, Assistant Executive Officer
  • Nevada Irrigation District – Remleh Scherzinger, General Manager
  • The Tuleyome – Bob Schneider, Senior Policy Director
  • The Sierra Fund – Izzy Martin, Executive Director

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread