2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
notice reed is lookin a lot like pelosi her ya go girls how she voted for your rights-------> HR 3189 - Water Rights Protection Act - Key Vote - Project Vote Smart

Chairman Doc Hastings

House Approves Bipartisan Measure to Protect Water Rights
WASHINGTON, D.C., March 13, 2014 - Today, the House of Representatives approved H.R. 3189, the Water Rights Protection Act by a bipartisan vote of 238-174. This bipartisan bill, authored by Natural Resources Committee Member Scott Tipton (CO-03), protects private property rights from recent federal overreach that threatens to take water supplies from recreation businesses, ranchers, cities and towns, and local conservation efforts. This important legislation would stop the federal government from demanding citizens and businesses turn over their privately owned water in order to qualify for a federal permit or lease.“Water is the lifeblood of communities and essential for a strong economy. Cities, ranchers, farmers, businesses – along with the jobs they support – all depend on a stable supply of water to survive,” said Natural Resources Committee Chairman Doc Hastings (WA-04). “For over a century there have been established laws upholding a state’s right to manage its water and water laws. But now the Obama Administration is threatening to undermine those laws and seeking to take away private water rights governed under state laws. It’s time for the Legislative Branch to exert itself on behalf of the American people and rein in the imperial overreach of the Executive Branch. No law gives federal agencies the authority to take private water rights as they’re seeking to do – in fact, the Constitution prohibits such takings. It’s time to put an end to such tactics.”
“The Water Rights Protection Act is the result of bipartisan efforts that began in October 2011 and encompass testimony from Congressional hearings, conversations with stakeholders from across Colorado and the West, and close collaboration with my colleagues on the Natural Resources Committee in order to protect state-recognized water rights,” said Congressman Scott Tipton (CO-03).“Water is the lifeblood of the Western United States and all water users including grazers, ski areas, businesses and municipalities need certainty that all federal land management agencies, not just the Forest Service, are prohibited from future attempts to take privately held water rights. The Water Rights Protection Act offers a sensible approach that preserves water rights and the ability to develop water requisite to living in the arid West. I thank my House colleagues for joining me today in passing this important bill, and urge our colleagues over in the Senate to take swift action to do the same.”

Bejay

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Central Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Garret fully underwater
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

This shows that the ESA is costing Gov $$$$$$. Which I think is a good thing, as it shows how the ESA has gotten out of control. But IMHO it fails to address the real problem: that being the ESA is not simply about a "species" but brings forth the issue listings of "sub-species". Just what does that mean? I'll give you an example. Species classification can and is based on geographic location. Take the salmon issue: Each drainage with coho salmon is different: they can have unique genetic differences. This is true of most species (land and water). States will and can contend that their critters are unique and deserve listing because they have different "genetic" qualities. We can even apply that to Humans as well....we are all slightly different, but if there is some genetic interchange (we can travel...and relocate) it is hard to say that it applies to us. But with critters we see that the "sub species" issue predominates the listings.

From personal experience I offer the following: The "greenies" wanted to halt ORV use along the Oregon coast. They kept coming up with different reasons. At first it was vegetation; which my non-profit showed was not valid (the vegetation was man introduced and causing the demise of the dunal composite and natural beach ecosystem....the ORV's were actually doing good). So they then went to a shore bird. They got the State biologists to monitor the coastal population (which fluctuated tremendously). When the population got down low, the state solicited the Feds to upgrade the listing from "threatened" (meaning we need to keep an eye on things) to "endangered" (meaning we need to take drastic measures). BUT this same bird was found by the thousands in the south east portion of the state. The Feds contended there was genetic interchange (banded bird observation). BUT the State would not relent in getting the listing upgraded. The vast majority of the Oregon coastal area is closed to ORV use and the "greenies" still come up with ways to close more each year. And for the past 15 years the coastal population has not changed much: it still varies tremendously: as the only peer reviewed scientific study (Ruth Wilson Thesis) proved that human activity was NOT the birds problem....it was the man introduced vegetation (European Beach grass stabilization)....that caused a change in the ecosystem and brought forth an increased "takings" issue with predation.

There is truth to keeping genetic diversity and yet we MUST bring forth how this has been overplayed in the ESA. The "enviros" use this tactic to no end.

I am not sure how these bills will play out. But because of $$$$$$ costing Gov we may have the opportunity to bring forth additional language. Unfortunately it all sounds good but yet people really don't comprehend how the ESA works; but only how it comes to adversely affect their lives and community.

Bejay

OP
OP
2cmorau

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Leland Lee could help matters roll along
Probe Uncovers More Reid 'Slush Fund' Payments to Granddaughter

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid is at the center of a growing political controversy after it was revealed Thursday that more payments from his campaign funds had been made to his granddaughter than previously reported.

The Nevada Democrat promised earlier this week to reimburse $16,787 his campaign gave to Ryan Elisabeth Reid in 2013 for what was described as payments for “holiday gifts.” Those payments were reportedly made to purchase items from Ryan Elisabeth Reid, who has her own line of jewelry. Reid defended the payments, saying they complied with Federal Election Commission standards that allow the purchase of goods from relatives if those goods are sold at fair market value.
Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com Probe Uncovers More Reid 'Slush Fund' Payments to Granddaughter

Last edited:
OP
OP
2cmorau

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Bejay, ya bring up an excellent point, the State's can not afford the spotted Owl sydrome, a back lash will happen
just needs a push with a lot of folks

OP
OP
2cmorau

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Urgent: Should Obamacare Be Repealed? Vote Here Now!!
This is the fourth time I've voted in this stupid poll. The first 3 were on different sites. I have never recieved a confirmation of my vote, nor do I know what the tally is now. Total waste of time!!

OP
OP
2cmorau

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
did a copy paste, not my intentions that part slipped in, so any way it has now been edit from the post, it's to late to do anything about Taxcare
unless we vote this medterm

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
did a copy paste, not my intentions that part slipped in, so any way it has now been edit from the post, it's to late to do anything about Taxcare
unless we vote this medterm
No problem Brother, I was just irritated because I'm getting newsletters from NewsMax, due to my signing up for the poll. I guess it's time to unsubscribe. (lol)

Anyway, back to the subject: BLOCKBUSTER: THIS IS ACCURATE, BELIEVE IT OR NOT:

I hope this link works. If you're not interested in "Flight 370", scroll down to the "Photos of dam drainage as it happened".
I checked and it works, but when the 'home page' is loaded, you'll have to scroll down to the above title; (BLOCKBUSTER: etc.) See what is being done with CA water.

Last edited:

Tonto

Oct 14, 2008
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab: XT70, XT17000, Sov XS w/S-1 probe
Tesoro: Lobo ST, Toltec II
Whites 4900, Eagle II SL 90, Spectrum XLT
Falcon MD 20, Whites GMT, TDI Pro, Vibraprobe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Several years ago, a local rafting group was successful in getting an area listed as a "Wilderness Study Area" along the Colorado River in western Colorado. It just so happened that a company was gearing up to mine placers along a stretch of the river the rafters liked. There was never any indication of what the feds were supposed to be studying, but there was a sunset provision which has come and gone. The area was not upgraded to a Wilderness, but the miners will never be able to pick up where they left off as long as there is no transparency so that we can actually investigate whether there is a legitimate need for listing a species, or naming an area a wilderness. These tactics are what is closing millions of acres of public land to mineral exploration and recovery, or even being used by a motorized vehicle. It's ridiculous, and I hope these bills pass.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions