8" precision dredge pump seals

A

alaskamanusa

8" precision dredge pump seals

Hello all...I'm new to this site. Great articles and info here.
Does anyone know, how do I get ahold of some pump seals for my old 8" precision dredge? I haven't used it since '90' up in the 40 mile, Alaska. Was leaking then, and I'm sure when I fire it up again it will only be worse. Precision stopped making dredges years ago and I can't find anyone who knows about parts for the pumps they had made for the dredges. Does anyone have any ideas?
Alaskaman

Attachments

• 36_1_26.gif
    36_1_26.gif
    5.7 KB · Views: 373
Upvote 0

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Re: 8" precision dredge pump seals

Try a pool supply. They can get seals for all makes and models of pumps.

Functional

Feb 16, 2007
Okanagan Valley, British Columbia, Canada
Detector(s) used
A Compass Magnum 420 recently brought back to life. And an untested "in the wild" Teknetics.
Re: 8" precision dredge pump seals

Do you know what the seals look like? Are they like O-ring's? I recall it was either "Bearing Supply", or "B.C. Bearing" in Edmonton, Alberta that had all sorts of those type of seals and they could match most any kind of belt, fuse, (including european ones), or of course, bearings.

If your referring to a "shaft" style seal with the metal and a rubber seal either inside, or outside, then you would need to know the measurements involved, or the brand name and numbers off the metal part of the seal. Not unlike those of B&S engines, but usually bigger diameter. The same company had those also, but you need numbers for them, or you need to take your old ones in, or send them in, so they can match them up.

I don't live in Alberta anymore and I don't know if the have other outlets closer to you, or if there is some other similar business in your area, but if all else fails, it might be worth a try.

Good luck!

F.

olga1913-Alaska

Greenie
Dec 14, 2003
Sitka, Alaska
Detector(s) used
GB II

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread