So Where the hell can I go now to get my dredge on?

Notsuredomus

Aug 12, 2012
Classic Hill Mine, Siskiyou County
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
Whites GMT
Garret ProPointer
Bazooka Gold Trap Super Prospector
Fossicker Production Pan
Proline 3in Dredge/Highbanker Combo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well California's gravel transfer loophole has been killed. Oregon is only allowing 850 dredge permits per year and I didn't get one. Where can I go (with decent gold) where I will not have a hard time getting a permit. Either I am going to have to go gorilla style this summer or I need some viable options.:icon_scratch:

Upvote 0

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well California's gravel transfer loophole has been killed. Oregon is only allowing 850 dredge permits per year and I didn't get one. Where can I go (with decent gold) where I will not have a hard time getting a permit. Either I am going to have to go gorilla style this summer or I need some viable options.:icon_scratch:

I would not encourage anyone to go "Gorilla" style, as
that could get very, very expensive. Not to mention you'd
need onehellofa muffler for that engine.

Washington has some rivers/creeks you can use a dredge in
at certain times of the year. At the moment our rights are
"under fire" from the elitist fly-fishing community, but for
now you can use a dredge in quite a few locations. Be sure
to check out the local regs!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Same here in CO. Pretty much all very fine gold here of course. Friends in the Colorado Gold Camp club do very well on the club's mountain claims so you could look into that group...much better than GPAA claims in CO by all accounts.

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with CGC other than being active on their forum and friends with some of the members. Never actually been on one of the club claims myself as I have access to good gold on my own. No claim as of now tho or I'd offer to share :)

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sent you a PM.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions