double high bankers with auto-feed.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OP
OP
C

cshirsch

Apr 10, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Lanny. I live about 1140 miles from the claim so I have lots of time to think on the drive there and back. :-) The Prius helps on affording the drive though. You should see that off-road Prius on the mountain road up to the claim. :-/

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks Lanny. I live about 1140 miles from the claim so I have lots of time to think on the drive there and back. :-) The Prius helps on affording the drive though. You should see that off-road Prius on the mountain road up to the claim. :-/

Now, that off road Prius just puts a picture in my head that I can't quite get rid of!

That 1140 mile drive would indeed give a person a long time to think things through.

Good luck, and I hope you find some nice gold from using your double-barreled wonder.

All the best,

Lanny

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/metal-detecting-gold/69-bedrock-gold-mysteries.html

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
WOW! Now that's a heck of a nice looking claim there!!!! Oh wait.... That's ours! I'm just glad that I didn't show up in the video for a change! I was detecting up on the hill across the wash when you shot that Chris. I almost thought you were talking to yourself (again) then I figured out what you were up to.

Chris came up with this system and has put a lot of work into the engineering of it. Like all new systems it needs some "adjustments" but he has proven that his idea works. Considering that he took 4X the amount of cons home with him for this trip compared to what he took home on his last trip out here, I'd say that qualifies as a success.

One of the more amazing things about Chris is his ability to pack that Prius with so much gear and his dog Earl! I swear that you couldn't have shoved a straight pin in there when he pulled in at the claim. That he was riding about 3 inches off the ground is yet another matter in itself. If the Forest Service hadn't graded the roads a short time ago, he'd have had more problems than he did getting there.......

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey Chris that's cool looking. Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:

Would you need a bigger traffic cone if you were to scale it up to production size? Just something to think about on that long drive. :laughing7:

Did you make it home in time for your radio show? I heard you like to take it to the last minute. I guess it doesn't matter if you have Greaterville dirt caked on if it's just radio. Does that Sweeny kora you play work better with dry dust on the strings?

I've just got to ask - is that dog's last name by any chance... Skruggs? :occasion14:

I hope next trip Ruby and I can join up and meet you and Earl.

Heavy Pans

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
DING!!! DING!!! DING!!! Give that man a cigar for guessing Earls last name! We're looking at setting up another visit from Chris and Earl the second half of May so get it on your calendar.

elgatodelnoche

Aug 21, 2013
East Mesa, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Deepseeker ADS
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for posting up the video. I knew as soon as I heard your voice that you were in radio. Might have to trade in that Prius for an Army Surplus Deuce and a Half so you can haul a little more.

elgatodelnoche

Aug 21, 2013
East Mesa, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Deepseeker ADS
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The forest service contractors who run the washboarding machine seem to be taking it easy on the road going to the claim. Sometimes late at night in Colorado, you would catch them out washboarding the mountain road for efficient drainage.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread