Good Things Hide In Black Sand

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Already squeaked out the fly poop. But a good quench released this bad boy. IMG_444003345375761.jpeg

Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
Aufisher

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OP
OP
Aufisher

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks to GoldenIrishman and Hangtowndiggins!

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OP
OP
Aufisher

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Only cast iron and charcoal chimney starter. No vinegar. I just found my largest piece of gold ever I will post a picture when I get it dried!

OP
OP
Aufisher

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
See Mercury and gold post

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
yup, protest with your wallet, ! same with the wines <------- that latest video i posted will shut there bootie down mostly in the Napa Valley region or anywhere the low thermal activity takes place Grape growers be worried of them zealots.
oh, nice find:headbang:
I knew it was time to home brew!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Only cast iron and charcoal chimney starter. No vinegar. I just found my largest piece of gold ever I will post a picture when I get it dried!
Amazingly cool! Can you explain more details of what your process was?

OP
OP
Aufisher

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
20140403_080734.jpg Get yourself a barbecue chimney starter you'll need one anyways. no more messy stinky costly fuel. Fill with charcoal and use a brown bag to start, put the gravel in the pan and heat. once red hot dump into cold water

OP
OP
Aufisher

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
IMG_447472756197708.jpeg

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ah, now I get it, thanks!
...and I have one of those, my son made it as part of a metalworking merit badge in Boy Scouts a few years ago :)

tyeechinook

Sep 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What size material are you doing this on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Aufisher

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
All Bazooka trap material. Some pieces 1/2" +

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey AU... You don't need to use vinegar on the quench. That's used mostly for "Desert Gold" that has the infamous "Varnish" on it. The most important thing is the temperature difference. The hotter you can get the materials and the colder you have the water, the better the method works. I consider it as "Shock Therapy" for my black sands. ;)

elgatodelnoche

Aug 21, 2013
East Mesa, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Deepseeker ADS
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Congrats on the cooking! Looks like I am going to have to start saving cons again and shopping for an iron skillet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread