Added to the Arsenal Today!

Huelten

Nov 22, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Added a 36 inch Bazooka Gold Trap to my collection today, heard a ton of good things so im getting it out tomorrow to see what it's all about!
BGT.jpg

Upvote 0

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yowza, you are going to luv it!
Show us the gold......

GG~

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Bet you love it, a great tool!

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You're on the Gold now. Enjoy!

OP
OP
H

Huelten

Nov 22, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Going out with it tomorrow morning! You guys got any tips for me? Though it seems like a pretty easy to operate sluice, the area im at is loaded with fine gold.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Added a 36 inch Bazooka Gold Trap to my collection today, heard a ton of good things so im getting it out tomorrow to see what it's all about!
View attachment 972478

Congratulations. The only way you could get gold any easier is if you sat in a lawn chair and the thing fed itself. They can ride up in the water on the backside so rock it down good and post some pics. Also I classify after I dump it in the pan and that works well for me. Helps with all the fines you will be catching.

Goldenmojo

OP
OP
H

Huelten

Nov 22, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well... No great story of success. Long story short, about 15 min into my day was stopped by a OSP officer telling me im breaking the law and need a 700 pm permit.. BS if you ask me, ive never seen anywhere that i need a permit for a stream sluice.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well... No great story of success. Long story short, about 15 min into my day was stopped by a OSP officer telling me im breaking the law and need a 700 pm permit.. BS if you ask me, ive never seen anywhere that i need a permit for a stream sluice.

I read your other post. I hope you find the answers you're looking for.

All the best,

Lanny

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You should have had him shovel a few scoops into it. He would have been hooked and let you go...

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well... No great story of success. Long story short, about 15 min into my day
was stopped by a OSP officer telling me im breaking the law and need a 700 pm permit.. BS if you ask me,
I've never seen anywhere that i need a permit for a stream sluice.

You are 100% correct..the OSP officer was full of
bullshit-1.jpg~original

Quoted directly from the Oregon DEQ site:

"Operators of in-water non-motorized mining equipment don't need to apply for coverage
or pay the fee, but operators must follow applicable parts of the current 700PM permit,
including not using equipment where fish eggs are present. "

Here is the page from Oregon DEQ that details the requirements:

Oregon DEQ: Water Quality Permit Program - Mining

I would print that page, along with any other related info and add it
to your possibles bag. Next time an uneducated OSP officer stops and
wants to give you a bad time you can hand him/her that to read.

Any LEO that is ignorant of the very laws they're supposed to enforce
should be suspended until they can understand what the laws say.
Otherwise, they're simply harassing you without the slightest legal
reason.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great post DD, really a solid example of the value of the group on this forum:
- get the facts
- help each other learn and solve problems
- cheer each other on!

You're the best, thanks for making my day even tho I've never wet a pan in Oregon! (Hope to someday...)

OP
OP
H

Huelten

Nov 22, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks DD, I found that same page and quote you did late last night. I now have a ton of evidence supporting my right to sluice there. Non-scenic waterway, no salmon run, no need for a DSL permit, a copy of the 700 permit with that quote you posted highlighted. I didnt know when i started weekend prospecting that there would be so much bureaucratic crap involved! Makes it all the more worth it though

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
let go..
all help dig, always wanted to try one of them.

liftloop

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
In that case I would not let the OSP shovel into my sluice. Glad to hear that you are covered and can get back to sluicing. Post some pics.

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks DD, I found that same page and quote you did late last night. I now have a ton of evidence supporting my right to sluice there. Non-scenic waterway, no salmon run, no need for a DSL permit, a copy of the 700 permit with that quote you posted highlighted. I didnt know when i started weekend prospecting that there would be so much bureaucratic crap involved! Makes it all the more worth it though

Here in the great state of CA, we lost almost all rights to prospect. Any thing I find to back myself has been superseded, over-ridden or emergency ordered away. :evil5:
I am truly glad for ya, but watch your back if you know what I mean. 8-)

Marmentman

Sep 10, 2013
La Plata, nm
Detector(s) used
Gold stinger
Primary Interest:
Other
Do you guys have anymore pictures of this bazooka gold trap sluice. How does it work, the catch area looks too small, looks like from the Picts. A lot of lost gold. I would like some clarification on this sluice.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Go to my tnet profile, then scroll down to the link that shows you all my posts... I've written a lot and posted pics too :)

I definitely does a great job catching the gold and is a lot less work so you get more gold per hour worked than with other sluices :)

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What you can see is not the total catch area. That's only a grizzly that you can see which lets the material drop through. The catch area is underneath and it uses a unique hydraulic trap sytem. The grizzly lets the materials drop through without the necessity of screening or sorting material as well.

Go to Youtube and watch some videos, and then you'll get the picture.

All the best,

Lanny

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/metal-detecting-gold/69-bedrock-gold-mysteries.html

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread