Hints and Tips for Gold Bug Pro

Featherdfishead

Apr 4, 2014
Callahan-ScottValley-Salmon River, Ca
Detector(s) used
Primarily Minelab SDC 2300
and Gold Bug Pro with NEL Sharpshooter, Grey Ghost Phones, an EzSluice, a good Pan, various Diggn Tools, and a Good'Ol Dog or Two
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My GBP is on the way, should arrive this coming Wednesday. Been reading a lot of info and just wanted some tips on prospecting from people whom have been using the GBP. I'm new to chat forums and have been having troubles searching for GBP info. I'm an experienced detector so don't really need basics but anything will help. If you've already wrote on the issue maybe post a link if you would. Happy Days- Happy Hunting

Upvote 0

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Head over to Arizona Outback forum and check for posts there. Check the Nugget Shooters forum as well. Look for Ray's (Ray Mills) name (Trinityau) and do some searches. Even on Google searches he shows up pretty quick.

A little hot... - AZO's: Metal Detecting for Gold Forum - Arizona Outback's Prospecting Forum
Gold bug pro question - AZO's: Metal Detecting for Gold Forum - Arizona Outback's Prospecting Forum
Gold Bug Pro - Page 2 - Gold Nugget Shooting Forum - Nugget Shooter Forums
http://www.arizonagoldprospectors.com/invision/index.php?/topic/169938-gold-bug-pro/
http://arizonaoutback.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=9756

There's lots more with more information, but just stick with his names as you do your searches.

All the best,

Lanny

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/metal-detecting-gold/69-bedrock-gold-mysteries.html

Last edited:

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
All metal mode. Dig everything. Double check your holes. Get on good ground. That is all I have to add. Wish there was more, but I am a newb too!!

IDdesertman

Dec 8, 2007
Boise, Idaho
Detector(s) used
GPX4500, Gold Bugs
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here's some info about the GBPro that might be helpful. It's kind of a comparison between the GBPro and GB2, but still some good info in there for you.

Fisher Gold Bug 2 vs. Gold Bug Pro - Metal Detector Review for Gold Nuggets

In addition, I would say that the more I have used a GBPro, the more I like it, and the more impressed I have gotten about the sensitivity, especially when using the 5 x 10 coil. Good luck, you should be finding gold in no time! :thumbsup: (and yes, definitely look for TrinityAU's posts on the forums)

OP
OP
Featherdfishead

Featherdfishead

Apr 4, 2014
Callahan-ScottValley-Salmon River, Ca
Detector(s) used
Primarily Minelab SDC 2300
and Gold Bug Pro with NEL Sharpshooter, Grey Ghost Phones, an EzSluice, a good Pan, various Diggn Tools, and a Good'Ol Dog or Two
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the tips! I've been reading all I can from TrinityAu, reminds me of the way my grandpa was about old-school placer minning and hardrock'n. He and my dad never got into the Detectors, although my pops and step mom are more and more curious. They have a few local spots their nearly always able to crevasse pick a nice little looker for a smile.

oldestjim

Sep 5, 2004
Southern California
Lanny... Jim Straight field tested the Gold Bug Pro for Western&Eastern treasures.
The field-test covered its barograph and phase numbers. Also look up David Johnson.
He is the chief designer for First Texas.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread