georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett gold panning kit
Jobe 36 in drop riffle sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
im not in paulding but in the same state(forsyth county

its safe to say your in a gold bearing are so no need to drive anywhere

also from my knowing you have a much greater chance to find good gold in georgia than ohio because here in georgia we have veins of gold that keep on givinggold to the surrounding area instead of looking for what the glaciers left, as far as metal detecting georgia has a large amount of historic indian sites and battlefields with cool artifacts

as far as rockhounding you can find precious stones like amethyst, rubies, emeralds, and sapphires in the same material as gold so keep your eye open for those

best of luck

nuggethunter

Sep 20, 2012
Temple, Ga
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm in Carroll Co next door to Paulding. Actually lived in South Paulding for a good many years I have done some digging around in the county but it has been awhile and would like to give it ago againjust have to pull out my maps and try to make so time to get back out.

nuggethunter

Sep 20, 2012
Temple, Ga
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Where about on the south west border I've been on mud creek off of hwy 61 right at the Paulding/Carroll line it has been a few years but the owner was real nice about it he just asked me not to dig into the banks just the creek bed. I did find a small area with some bedrock coming up out of the creek bed. I don't recall finding anything I think I was just doing some sample pans. But if the owner would allow it again I would like to go back and give it another try.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
I have pans, shovels, and a high banker. I'm trying to find the owner of a place I'd like to try on the south western county line. I walked a short distance off the road and saw some interesting area!

Nitric go to your county seat and ask for a county plat book. it shows property lines and the owners name.well worth the effort in research!

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There is gold in Paulding county . I can guarantee that . Have at it and luck to ya .

goldhog

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can access all the plat maps, owner info, sale price, and more online in GA.
Each county feeds into a system and many are free, some you have to pay for access to certain features.
You can also overlay satellite / aerial images as well.
(Kind of scary that GA is that high tech...)

Also, GA has very few BIG WATER rivers like other areas of the country.
You don't see a lot of huge round boulders like you do in MT, CA, AK, etc.
So... our gold often doesn't move that much.
(Just a rule of thumb...)
That's why we don't have many rounded / worn nuggets either.
Once the gold is released from the deposit it GENERALLY settles not too far off.
So, you can move 50 yards and be off the gold.

Trust me.......... we spend about 3 weeks every year doing nothing but mapping, testing and recording.
It's not just about "reading the creeks"... it's often finding the GOLD deposit zones.

Doc

OP
OP
Nitric

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys, For the great info!! Can't wait to dig in!!!

Last edited:

nuggethunter

Sep 20, 2012
Temple, Ga
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There is the gold museum in Villa rica on stockmar rd. off hwy 61 just north of town next to the airport

Mego

Jan 19, 2020
Paulding Co. Ga
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in the NE corner of Paulding Co. Pumpkinvine Creek runs through my property. I don't know much about gold, but my 10 year old son started finding quartz that looks like it has gold in it. He also found a spot that looks like a lot of silver( I mean a lot). If anyone who know what there doing would like to come to my property and let me know what I have here is welcome to and also welcome to see what they can find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread