Today will be my first prospecting adventure of the summer! Woohoo!!!

Notsuredomus

Aug 12, 2012
Classic Hill Mine, Siskiyou County
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
Whites GMT
Garret ProPointer
Bazooka Gold Trap Super Prospector
Fossicker Production Pan
Proline 3in Dredge/Highbanker Combo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I went out hiking yesterday with 4 of my 5 dogs. I found a really interesting area of a very small tributary of Indian Creek. I had been planning to explore this gulch all winter and finally got the chance. There are obvious signs of dredging in the creek. They started as random small pockets going down a few feet. Then I came upon a beautiful waterfall and just beneath its plunge pool you could see the remnants of a massive effort by someone. The Streambed was dredged to a depth of I am guessing 10ft or so. 15ft wide and around 30ft in length. Then they went to work on the banks. They excavated so much material that the bedrock on both sides of the creek actually overhang nearly 10ft at the deepest point of the dig. The creek has a huge amount of exposed bedrock with many veins criss crossing and breaking up the Serpentine Bedrock. I am not sure what the vein is made up of but I will try to figure that out today. I plan to head out there with my Gold Bug 2, The Bazooka Gold Trap and some digging and rock moving tools. I did some panning and only found a little flour gold but the area looks amazing for metal detecting possibilities. Finally the winter hibernation is over and I can get out and find some action.

Upvote 0

AU_Solitude

Feb 24, 2014
Vacaville CA
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, GBII, Geo Picks & Hammers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
For someone to have spent so much time there, there must have been a good reason; probably someones honey hole. Hopefully they left you some gold. :thumbsup:

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good ol' Indian creek is poison oak central and with 4 dogs running loose you will soon have to pay the price. We bulldozed them berry vines at Andres' place year after year but roots run deep. Rattlers love them vines too as the critters come in to eatm' up later in the year. Some gold left on his place but neighbors were enviro and called cops any time the creek muddied at all. Err on the side a caution and wish ya luck-John

Adventure_Time

May 31, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good ol' Indian creek is poison oak central and with 4 dogs running loose you will soon have to pay the price. We bulldozed them berry vines at Andres' place year after year but roots run deep. Rattlers love them vines too as the critters come in to eatm' up later in the year. Some gold left on his place but neighbors were enviro and called cops any time the creek muddied at all. Err on the side a caution and wish ya luck-John

I have a friend that works as a dispatcher, I'm gonna have to ask him what he would think of that type of call.

"911 what is your emergency"

"the creek behind my house looks a little muddy"

"ok? and?"

:BangHead:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions