Lose 100 lbs. Gain a 1/4 ounce

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A few years back I was in sorry shape. I had foot reconstruction and struggled to walk. I weighed in at 346 lbs. Today I am mining at least once a week and feel better than I have in 25 years. This morning I weighed in at 249 lbs. A few more pounds needed to shatter the 100 lb barrier. Along the way the gold has been adding up. I am just a few trips from hitting my first 1/4 ounce. I will let you guys know when I break the mark of both 100 lbs and 1/4 of an ounce. I would like to thank Hangtowndiggins and Goldwasher for getting my fat butt off the couch and into the yellow. I would also like to thank all the members who I have mined with. You guys are awesome!

Upvote 0

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on the loss and gain AU! I'm thinking we need to get you down this way to help you improve on your gain score. Robi and I are up to 5.98 grams of the yellow stuff so far this year and I'm sure that there's a lot more to come.

Also... Check your PMs for more on that beyond Shake and Bake conversation we started.

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job losing weight don't lose it to fast though bad for you're heart.

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Im re-posting a qoute ive said before, gold digging and sluicing is my excersize with an incentive.:laughing7: I hate stinky crowded gyms. Fresh air, rocky trails, cool rivers, heavy buckets, and sunny gold is in my golds gym. Viva la oro!:3coins:
Cheers!!

All, weight loss is tough, I have done it before, (30) pounds, and now, I'm sad to say I need to do it again (50 lbs this time). I am always motivated by others who are doing it and proud of themselves.

Congrats AU, stay healthy!

ALewis

Aug 20, 2013
East Bay, Northern Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goldwasher we wish we could dig with you more often too as I'm sure our good times, knowledge and gold take would more then double..
Alewis, sorry it's last minute but your more then welcome to join us tomorrow if you can..

I just missed your post Hangtown ! It would be great to get back out there with you guy's, thanks for the invite ! Maybe next time ? I was up in Auburn this weekend too.....I do need some new ground, had interesting time this weekend. I gotta take this coming weekend off, but guessin I'll be back up in the area 26th / 27th ???

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing like digging to get the old blood pumping, I missed my shot last Saturday, but I will be on the river on Friday morning. can't wait to get that shovel workout in! (And the gold to of course!)

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A few years back I was in sorry shape. I had foot reconstruction and struggled to walk. I weighed in at 346 lbs. Today I am mining at least once a week and feel better than I have in 25 years. This morning I weighed in at 249 lbs. A few more pounds needed to shatter the 100 lb barrier. Along the way the gold has been adding up. I am just a few trips from hitting my first 1/4 ounce. I will let you guys know when I break the mark of both 100 lbs and 1/4 of an ounce. I would like to thank Hangtowndiggins and Goldwasher for getting my fat butt off the couch and into the yellow. I would also like to thank all the members who I have mined with. You guys are awesome!

I grew up being quite overweight..always playing a sport or two, yet Always overweight.. Since prospecting, my health couldn't be better. Congrats to you! May the gold come to you. :)

OP
OP
Aufisher

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well fellows it's easier to gain 1/4 ounce of gold than it is to loose 100 lbs lol. Think of all the muscle I gained ha! Thanks to Hangtowndiggins for making my poke a bit heavier! Will let you know when I lose another 5 lbs. Might have to skip beer and sweat out a gallon! 20140609_154520.jpg

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You have done exceptionally well on all fronts. You are one great guy to mine with and I hope to enjoy many more days of searching for gold and sharing stories with you. You swing a mean pick too.

Hangtowndiggins

Oct 1, 2013
placerville ca
Detector(s) used
GBpro. BGT 48" miner, 36" prospector and super mini
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome work AU,.. Congrats!! Thank yourself for all that sweet poke as you literally dug your a$$ off for it! Try mining in pants on a summer day and you might sweat out that gallon lol Looks like your well on your way to a 1/2 ounce before the year ends!.. Always lookin forward to more golden times with ya buddy:occasion14:

Last edited:

AlaskaGold

Nov 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like the new Jenny Craig slogan ! Loose weight, gain gold! Well done on it all and some beautiful chunky yellow gold.

OP
OP
Aufisher

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I did it! Lost 100 lb and pulled 9 grams of AU. It's a sweet day! Thanks for the encouragement and Tnet for making life long friends!

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Good to hear AU, that weight is just killer on the heart, so is the anticipation of seeing that yellow in the pan!
Keep it up buddy you will soon be in the sacred OZ club, still trying to get up that way but mining just to slow on the returns maybe this winter.
GT.................................

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Congratulations all around. Down 100 means we will be prospecting together for a long. Good work my friend. Now on to that OZ

QNCrazy

Sep 30, 2013
Motherlode, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Congrats on hitting your mark. In January I would have thought twice about hiking two miles into an area to prospect at 6'2", 262 lbs. Now I am 215 lbs and that mile or two hike is nothing to get to the gold and I actually look forward to it. I must be crazy. I'm still looking for that first OZ mark myself. Congrats and maybe see you in the trenches someday.

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well done sir!:notworthy: I just began modifying my food behavior and 5 of 60 lbs is now gone. And 9 grams!!??:goldbar: Holy shut the front door!!! What a great thing to show for it. This is one day that will be with you for life. Very happy for you and thanks for the inspiration! :occasion14:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Congrats man, thrilled for you! Being fairly fit as you age makes a HUGE difference in quality of life and what all you are able to do!

...just went horseback riding with my adults kids today, what fun!

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Congrats on hitting your mark. In January I would have thought twice about hiking two miles into an area to prospect at 6'2", 262 lbs. Now I am 215 lbs and that mile or two hike is nothing to get to the gold and I actually look forward to it. I must be crazy. I'm still looking for that first OZ mark myself. Congrats and maybe see you in the trenches someday.

6'2" and 260 for me as of now. How did you lose it if I may ask?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Aufisher

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Low carb. Cut out sugar, bread, chips, cut back on the beer lol. Eat meat, cheese, vegtables, nuts and berries. Mine till you drop!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread