Hanging out with my dad and Hangtowndiggins

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Super awesome day ended up with 1.5 grams total and a 0.5 gram baseball nugget. Hangtowndiggins offered me the sweet nug, what a great guy! Let's do it again soon! 20140412_170820.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Aufisher

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
20140412_171648.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Aufisher

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
20140412_134916.jpg

OP
OP
Aufisher

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
20140412_134919.jpg

Hangtowndiggins

Oct 1, 2013
placerville ca
Detector(s) used
GBpro. BGT 48" miner, 36" prospector and super mini
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the nug AU:occasion14: Nice job cleaning up that messy take. I couldn't have had a better day digging with you and your dad! Can't wait to get back out for more thanks again AU!
image.jpg
We moved a rock the size of us off of a big crack on bedrock, dug down bottomed out scraped it up and cleaned it good with my sucker.

Last edited:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
image.jpg

imagef.jpg

Sure looks like y'all had an awesome day out there diggin' up AU!

Aufisher: Some of the best memories I have of me and my dad were
when we were out on the Sultan River chasing color. He's been gone
now since '09, but the image of him sitting in his small shop with a
finish pan is as vivid as can be.

Enjoy every moment with them, cause we don't get to keep 'em forever!

OP
OP
Aufisher

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks Dizz! My dad is hero for sure! Hard working guy too! Thanks for the photos Hangtowndiggins and Dizz for spinning them around!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Totally impressed and very generous of you HTD!

OP
OP
Aufisher

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I feel pretty darn lucky to have met Hangtowndiggins on this forum. He is one great miner and a fine sir no doubt! Pretty sure my dad's got the fever now too.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well all I got to say has already been said...but
AU, nice load of gold you guys got
I can't stop staring at that baseball nugget:love10:
I wish I had my dad around to treat him to the gold, creeks and rivers where I now live
Hangtown, wow, just wow. I was beginning to think true friends were a thing of the past. Very nice:occasion14:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job guys..

I C THE LITE

Mar 11, 2013
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
minelabs- se pro and excaliber, ace250, tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AU, DizzyDigger, I am not a gold seeker but I sure enjoyed reading about spending time with your fathers and looking for gold. My father just had a stroke last Sunday and can not walk. He was always there for me no matter what. AU, enjoy him while you can and hope you find lots of color. Even if you don't, you are a lucky man.

Hangtowndiggins

Oct 1, 2013
placerville ca
Detector(s) used
GBpro. BGT 48" miner, 36" prospector and super mini
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks fellas, Kindness comes easy to a guy as appreciative and grateful as AU, very lucky to have such a awesome friend like him! Would be a total crime for me to keep that nug as I have two from the same spot already. Only way the trip could have been better is if we had that baseball nugs twin brother in the pan at the end of the day so your dad could take one home too. The next one has his name written all over it :)

OP
OP
Aufisher

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Since we both know that that nug came from the hole you found and dug, I sincerely appreciate it!

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's great that you two have developed such a great friendship. Your both great guys and I hope there's a truckload of nugs on the bedrock for both of you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread